Black Nova Corp
Posted - 2009.01.01 19:12:00 - [1
Instead of dragging out a huge explanation, I'll do some short points for the TL;DNR/ADD/AHAD crowd:
Proposal: Permit a second function on faction tuner interfaces to not only produce T2 rig bpcs but also convert T1 salvage parts to T2 salvage parts in 5:1 to 100:1 ratios, depending on part frequency. This would work similar to alchemy done for moon minerals.
Why: Get more extensive T2 rig use in all areas of game with higher T2 rig availability; provide a viable outlet for large collections of T1 salvage parts that are not used (more race-combat specific like defective current pumps and tangled power conduits).
Foreseeable Secondary Effects:
- T2 rig components will become more available through conversion, driving down market prices
- T1 rig parts will have a higher demand, bringing up some prices but not level T2 driven down
- T2 rigs will become more common on market, driving some prices down
- T2 rigs will be more used, making combat fittings more custom and "interesting"
- A relatively new T2 rig production industry will arrise where T2 rig production is more of a custom one-off job now
- Mag site exploration will increase as quantities of T1 rig parts will be in demand for T2 parts conversion/rig production
- Salvage as a profession will become even more viable with a second outlet of T1 parts
- Faction tuner interfaces will become more valuable and sought after, where now they are more of an oddity and the market is glutted with them
- More player training in invention area and skills necessary to make/fit/use rigs