Edited by: Kyanzes on 12/11/2008 18:35:25
In general I liked the game.
- level cap: you max out in no time then wander around gaining no XP anymore, and it comes very fast
- no vehicle: they could have added a static "quick travel" car so no simulation would have been necessary
- you cannot play on when you finished the storyline: in earlier games you could go on exploring
- armors generally look uninteresting (except for the power armor)
- you cannot join with the bad guys (you can do tasks for them but you cannot really belong)
- interior maps are unusable most of the time
- no option for far-up third person view
- WATS aside there's no turn based fight
- PC version has some incredible amount of stability issues and memory leakage (Box version is nearly flawless in this regard)
- is it just me or there weren't any wind effects? I surely saw a few twisters but aside from those I can't recall seeing the effects of the wind blowing (nor hearing it for that matter)
- no "real" clouds
- you cannot really function as a sniper. I played the game twice and never found sufficient ammo for the sniper rifle. Yeah, surely there could be some hidden place where you could tank up but frankly, after playing it twice I can tell you that sniper ammo is not abundant.
- you never get medium powered energy weapons (again, there could be some special weapon inside the game somewhere but there's no general medium level energy weapon available) Like a laser carbine or something.
- unarmed combat is a joke, no special moves. And you cannot beat the Dragon in mortal kombat (so the sun isn't shining brighter for you
- no arena
- they shouldn't have put "Dad" in the game. The problem with Dad is that you cannot feel truly alone and abandoned. It also bothers me to steer a 19ys old guy around (ofc this restriction comes with Dad)
- the Alien Blaster is ridiculously overpowered. I'm all in for awesome weapons but this one really was a serious oversight. You could basically pwn the toughest opponents in a few shots at most.