Hmmm... I don't really think this is a good idea, and I'll tell you why:
- What frig/inty pilot in their right mind would take on a drake? They don't have anywhere near the DPS to put even a small dent in your tank - as soon as they see you pop up - they would bail, being faster and more agile - and your sensors wouldn't lock onto them in time. (In my younger days I did try this out in a merlin by stealing from a drake pilot - I learned my lesson in ohhhh 15 seconds flat
- Drake lacks the Caracal/Cerberus/Hawk velocity bonus for lobbing out missiles far - remember light missiles don't fly out as far as the heavy missiles do. So your effective anti-frig range is compromised. At equal max levels a Caracal/Drake/Hawk will fire light missiles 25% further and faster.
- Drake SEVERELY lacks speed and agility - so you won't be able to make up for the lost range by getting into position.
- I mean if you REALLY REALLY must use this ship to kill small ships - you do have a 25 m^3 drone bay - load up some T2 light drones and have at it.
- Yeah you could use rigs - but you'll be wasting millions on rigs to kill ships that aren't worth that much at all (and a pimped out inty will still out run your missiles).
I'm all for thinking outside the box and surprising people - but I just feel like you're really trying to make the drake do something it's poorly designed to do ie. -> hunt small ships on its own.
Hope that's a constructive argument for ya.