open All Channels
seplocked EVE General Discussion
blankseplocked COAD Needs a re-think!
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic

Malcanis
Caldari
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
Posted - 2007.11.02 15:49:00 - [31]
 

Originally by: Kal'Kalagan
COAD has for two years kept me entertained at lunchtimes or when I have been way an unable to log inot EVE. As many before me have discusses COAD is decending fast into nothing but a slanging match filled with alt posts, propaganda and worst of all dribble! Its totaly un-readable and in its current form totally beyond salvage.

SHC has taken full advantage of this decent and with many major alliance leaders now using it for annoucemtns and battle reports it has in my opinion overtaken COAD if not in usage certainly in terms of relevance and accuracy. SHC had some problems too with their forums being overtaken with alt posts and dribble, but they quicly acted by introducing the GBBS (or something like that), a forum for battle reports and alliance statements that requires access to be granted before posts can be made and where mods quicly ban anyone posting irrelevant/un-wanted posts of the type that frequent COAD.

Eve-O needs its own version of this restricted access battle forum in order to save itself and a strong mod force to enforce it!


IMO each corp should nominate ONE member to be able to post in COAD, with a 10-member minumum to qualify.

Elitest? Sure. If you have less than ten members in your corp, what are the odds that anyone gives a rat's ass about you?

Neena Valdi
The Collective
Against ALL Authorities
Posted - 2007.11.02 15:51:00 - [32]
 

Originally by: Malcanis

IMO each corp should nominate ONE member to be able to post in COAD, with a 10-member minumum to qualify.

Elitest? Sure. If you have less than ten members in your corp, what are the odds that anyone gives a rat's ass about you?


I like the idea, tbh.

Also give us an ability to block replies and new topic based on alliance / corp / player names. Personal block list for every player.

Oron
Posted - 2007.11.02 15:53:00 - [33]
 

Make a new "response only" forum where only corp leaders can post battle reports/annountments and put the CAOD in the hazardous waste bin where it belongs. I see no point to keep it as it is now.

Susan Acid
Posted - 2007.11.02 15:55:00 - [34]
 

Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid

Disagree.It has nothing to do with Goonswarm.



Are you serious? Thats one really really clueless statement there.


So 1 man alt Corp Trolls are good for the forums but Goonswarm are not?


So stealing money is good but killing people is not?


Not answering my question is the same as ignoring me?

Ares Lightfeather
Gallente
Posted - 2007.11.02 15:55:00 - [35]
 

Originally by: Oron
Make a new "response only" forum where only corp leaders can post battle reports/annountments and put the CAOD in the hazardous waste bin where it belongs. I see no point to keep it as it is now.


I would have suggested to use the "diplomat" role to do that, but otherwise, it sounds like a good idea for a new forum section. Limiting access depending on the number of non-trial accounts may also be necessary.

Susan Acid
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:00:00 - [36]
 

Edited by: Susan Acid on 02/11/2007 16:01:09
Originally by: DubanFP
Edited by: DubanFP on 02/11/2007 15:48:01
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid

Disagree.It has nothing to do with Goonswarm.



Are you serious? Thats one really really clueless statement there.


So 1 man alt Corp Trolls are good for the forums but Goonswarm are not?

1 Man alt corps don't spam the forums by the dozens. Even then they're at least comprehensible. Also if that scalding pass comment was aimed at me. Our corp only joined PA a few weeks ago. However, at one point our corp was kicked out of Immensia with the reset of Myriad. TCF, RA, IAC, & UNL all had their part much more then Goonswarm yet I don't nessissarily dislike any of them. You know why? They spent more time fighting then Smacking.

P.S. This post doesn't reflect anyone's views but my own.


So James315 *sp and all the 'News Agency' 'Spyz r us' alts don't create Spam or propaganda?

I didn't mention Scalding pass but was merely pointing out that a lot of the alts arguing with Goons are bitter because they've fought or are fighting against them.

Cardassius
Seraphin Technologies
KrautbreaK
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:01:00 - [37]
 

For starters:

PRUNE the forums, nobody cares about what someone posted 2 years ago! (1 quick short query)
If they won't prune the forums at least AUTO LOCK a post that is older than half a year. (just 1 quick, short query)

And they should not lock post, but just remove them instead.


JeanPaul Sartre
THE INTERNET.
Goodfellas.
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:02:00 - [38]
 

Edited by: JeanPaul Sartre on 02/11/2007 16:04:02
Originally by: Susan Acid
So James315 *sp and all the 'News Agency' 'Spyz r us' alts don't create Spam or propaganda?


James315 is in Goonswarm. You don't actually read CAOD much do you?

Edit: tidied the pyramid >.>

DubanFP
Caldari
Caldari Provisions
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:04:00 - [39]
 

Edited by: DubanFP on 02/11/2007 16:08:02
Edited by: DubanFP on 02/11/2007 16:06:30
Originally by: Susan Acid

So James315 *sp and all the 'News Agency' 'Spyz r us' alts don't create Spam or propaganda?

I didn't mention Scalding pass but was merely pointing out that a lot of the alts arguing with Goons are bitter because they've fought or are fighting against them.


Someone else mentioned the scalding pass. Nobody said 1 man alt corps were good, but they've always been around without making more then a Dent in CAOD. Alt corps however do not post dozens of sarcastic "very poor sarcasm at that" threads completely destroying otherwise legit threads. The other person's post meant 1 man alts are bad, but Goonswarm is infinately worse. He did answer your question.

Susan Acid
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:04:00 - [40]
 

Edited by: Susan Acid on 02/11/2007 16:18:45
Originally by: JeanPaul Sartre
Originally by: Susan Acid
Edited by: Susan Acid on 02/11/2007 16:01:09
Originally by: DubanFP
Edited by: DubanFP on 02/11/2007 15:48:01
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid

Disagree.It has nothing to do with Goonswarm.



Are you serious? Thats one really really clueless statement there.


So 1 man alt Corp Trolls are good for the forums but Goonswarm are not?

1 Man alt corps don't spam the forums by the dozens. Even then they're at least comprehensible. Also if that scalding pass comment was aimed at me. Our corp only joined PA a few weeks ago. However, at one point our corp was kicked out of Immensia with the reset of Myriad. TCF, RA, IAC, & UNL all had their part much more then Goonswarm yet I don't nessissarily dislike any of them. You know why? They spent more time fighting then Smacking.

P.S. This post doesn't reflect anyone's views but my own.


So James315 *sp and all the 'News Agency' 'Spyz r us' alts don't create Spam or propaganda?

I didn't mention Scalding pass but was merely pointing out that a lot of the alts arguing with Goons are bitter because they've fought or are fighting against them.



James315 is in Goonswarm. You don't actually read CAOD much do you?


I read it enough to know that you too are somebodys altWinkSo he can post as James315 but not if he's a Goon?

Neena Valdi
The Collective
Against ALL Authorities
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:33:00 - [41]
 

Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid

Disagree.It has nothing to do with Goonswarm.



Are you serious? Thats one really really clueless statement there.


So 1 man alt Corp Trolls are good for the forums but Goonswarm are not?


So stealing money is good but killing people is not?


Not answering my question is the same as ignoring me?


I did answer.

Susan Acid
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:48:00 - [42]
 

Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid

Disagree.It has nothing to do with Goonswarm.



Are you serious? Thats one really really clueless statement there.


So 1 man alt Corp Trolls are good for the forums but Goonswarm are not?


So stealing money is good but killing people is not?


Not answering my question is the same as ignoring me?


I did answer.


No.You asked a question.That's what the ?(otherwise known as a question mark)is used for.

JeanPaul Sartre
THE INTERNET.
Goodfellas.
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:50:00 - [43]
 

Originally by: Susan Acid
I read it enough to know that you too are somebodys altWinkSo he can post as James315 but not if he's a Goon?



He can post what he wants, where he wants. I just corrected a glaring error in your post.

Mr 0'Leary
Posted - 2007.11.02 16:53:00 - [44]
 

Edited by: Mr 0''Leary on 02/11/2007 16:53:31
Originally by: Susan Acid
Edited by: Susan Acid on 02/11/2007 16:01:09
Originally by: DubanFP
Edited by: DubanFP on 02/11/2007 15:48:01
Originally by: Susan Acid
Originally by: Neena Valdi
Originally by: Susan Acid

Disagree.It has nothing to do with Goonswarm.



Are you serious? Thats one really really clueless statement there.


So 1 man alt Corp Trolls are good for the forums but Goonswarm are not?

1 Man alt corps don't spam the forums by the dozens. Even then they're at least comprehensible. Also if that scalding pass comment was aimed at me. Our corp only joined PA a few weeks ago. However, at one point our corp was kicked out of Immensia with the reset of Myriad. TCF, RA, IAC, & UNL all had their part much more then Goonswarm yet I don't nessissarily dislike any of them. You know why? They spent more time fighting then Smacking.

P.S. This post doesn't reflect anyone's views but my own.


So James315 *sp and all the 'News Agency' 'Spyz r us' alts don't create Spam or propaganda?

I didn't mention Scalding pass but was merely pointing out that a lot of the alts arguing with Goons are bitter because they've fought or are fighting against them.



I admit i don't frequent CAOD much, but i do know that one man alt corp trolls dont post in threads/make their own threads by the dozens for the specific purpose of dragging the entire thread off topic and arguably getting the thread locked on purpose.
I don't think many can go look at the last three pages of the CAOD forum and come back here and tell me goons arent doing that.
That isnt to say that one man alts arent ruining things for everyone too, but it's fairly obvious who the majority of the problem is coming from.

Trak Scix
Open Season
Posted - 2007.11.03 01:00:00 - [45]
 

goons killed it

Shaa'dai
Gallente
Tens and Aces
Posted - 2007.11.03 01:39:00 - [46]
 

Yes, this is a campaign by goons to make SHC overtake the CAOD business. SHC is run by goons. They destroy CAOD and install their own version of it over wich they have total control.

Relaria Hossin
GoonFleet
GoonSwarm
Posted - 2007.11.03 02:23:00 - [47]
 

Originally by: Shaa'dai
Yes, this is a campaign by goons to make SHC overtake the CAOD business. SHC is run by goons. They destroy CAOD and install their own version of it over wich they have total control.


I hope you are a goon alt because laffo. SHC has mostly moderators from BoB's side of the war.

Value Added
Pronger Physics Research Dept.
Goonswarm Federation
Posted - 2007.11.03 03:23:00 - [48]
 

SHC is a piece of steaming garbage and the fact that Lallante still has posting access in GBBS shows how terribly biased the mods there are.

Before I forget, GROUND FLOOR in a ****ty pet thread about the "golden era of CAOD where BOB **** up the forum".


iain
Gallente
Cyberdine enterprise
Posted - 2007.11.03 03:37:00 - [49]
 

Originally by: Relaria Hossin
I hope you are a goon alt because laffo. SHC has mostly moderators from BoB's side of the war.


Is ths based on some actual reasoned evidence or just a perception of prejudice because maybe 99% of goon posts get deleted?

No I don't read SHC, maybe I should. What CAOD needs is 99% of goon posts deleting too, which I can see someone would spin-off as CAOD being anti-goon/pro-bob. These last few days are a real farce. I'm not really involved in "The War" at all, but I hope goonswarm dies some point because I'd bet a large chunk of these worthless trolls would find themselves homeless and quit eve, and that would be a good thing for the forums. 0.0 will carry on being interesting with or without goons, but the forums might actually be able to recover to a state of a year or so ago.

Yes, I know nothing, I'm no-one, I don't care and neither do you, but its clear to a majority that goons are just urinating all over CAOD right now. I really dont get why CCP dont just start handing out real forum bans, I guess they dont want to trust ISD with such power, I can only hope the news-thread about the ending of much of ISD turns out to be a step forward not back in cleaning up the utter garbage that is goon's presence on CAOD.

Interesting tho how a sever minority of such a large alliance can give such a negative impression of the overall alliance. I bet the spammers are much less than 1% of goonswarm's membership, but they make the other 99% look like morons as a result. But thats what you get when you make an alliance that (apparently) has no internal standards and recruits anything that can understand how to click a flashy red thing and press F1-F8. Quantity not quality for sure.

*waits for the inevitable goon comebacks and flames*

Relaria Hossin
GoonFleet
GoonSwarm
Posted - 2007.11.03 04:32:00 - [50]
 

actually I mean that literally most of the moderators are in BoB and BoB freindly corps but nice try

one of the mods is a goon

Tileal
Gallente
Merch Industrial
Posted - 2007.11.03 05:08:00 - [51]
 

Do you people seriously not remember what COAD used to be like? It was just BoB ****ting up the forums, but they actually took themselves seriously. CAOD is worthless now, it was worthless a year ago, and it will be worthless one year down the line, case closed. And for anyone who's saying how this 1% of spammers is ruining it for the other 99% of goonswarm, I got bad news for you, the other ones think this is funny to. What's even funnier though, is the threads started by people like you complaining about it.

Vyres
Caldari
GoonFleet
GoonSwarm
Posted - 2007.11.03 05:27:00 - [52]
 

Its me! Im da poaster in da op.!!!

Dark Shikari
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Posted - 2007.11.03 05:34:00 - [53]
 

Originally by: Tileal
Do you people seriously not remember what COAD used to be like? It was just BoB ****ting up the forums, but they actually took themselves seriously. CAOD is worthless now, it was worthless a year ago, and it will be worthless one year down the line, case closed. And for anyone who's saying how this 1% of spammers is ruining it for the other 99% of goonswarm, I got bad news for you, the other ones think this is funny to. What's even funnier though, is the threads started by people like you complaining about it.
There's a difference between epeen-stroking being confined to one or two threads, and every single page of the forum being spammed into uselessness.

duckmonster
GoonFleet
GoonSwarm
Posted - 2007.11.03 06:21:00 - [54]
 

Edited by: duckmonster on 03/11/2007 06:22:28
/!\Maybe the whole reason its being spammed is the lack of unbiased moderation/!\

Unbiased moderation is a good thing folks.

Mortuus
Minmatar
Divine Power.
Wildly Inappropriate.
Posted - 2007.11.03 06:37:00 - [55]
 

Really, I thought it was just because Goonswarm came from, and always will be nothing but forum *****s? =) At this point I would rather see biased moderation permabanning all accounts with a GS character and any accounts held by the same person than anything.

That would be humorous.

Cabal Leader
Posted - 2007.11.03 06:57:00 - [56]
 

Edited by: Cabal Leader on 03/11/2007 06:59:51
when bob smacked and belittled and trashed people on COAD it was fine and dandy and perfectly acceptable.
now that they are being outgunned on thee forums by the same group of players who are kicking their tales all the way back to fortress nol-m9 its become a problem?

not to mention when a bob post gets put up (especially sir molle) no matter how ignorant and belittling it is to other groups of players it is allowed to run 60 pages.

if someone who is non bob tries to do a post like that about bob it is locked withing 10 minutes (must be doing a direct complaint to the mods through msn YARRRR!! )

hypocrites for the win ?

Moghydin
Silver Snake Enterprise
Against ALL Authorities
Posted - 2007.11.03 06:58:00 - [57]
 

Today I just open a thread on CAOD, see that 1-st poster is a Goon and hit "back" button. CAOD was much better before Goon forum attack, yes, there was propaganda and e-peen stroking and not a small number of alt posts, but at least you could read and argue with ppl there.

Now every post seems to get drowned in the see of Goon one-liners and questionable jokes or just plain garbage posts. Tbh, I don't know why the mods are not handling perma-bans to those who systematically turn CAOD into a cesspit.

Cabal Leader
Posted - 2007.11.03 07:01:00 - [58]
 

Originally by: Moghydin
Today I just open a thread on CAOD, see that 1-st poster is a Goon and hit "back" button. CAOD was much better before Goon forum attack, yes, there was propaganda and e-peen stroking and not a small number of alt posts, but at least you could read and argue with ppl there.

Now every post seems to get drowned in the see of Goon one-liners and questionable jokes or just plain garbage posts. Tbh, I don't know why the mods are not handling perma-bans to those who systematically turn CAOD into a cesspit.


lol you just gave your self away.

your main must be in bob huh?


James Duar
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
Posted - 2007.11.03 07:11:00 - [59]
 

Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Tileal
Do you people seriously not remember what COAD used to be like? It was just BoB ****ting up the forums, but they actually took themselves seriously. CAOD is worthless now, it was worthless a year ago, and it will be worthless one year down the line, case closed. And for anyone who's saying how this 1% of spammers is ruining it for the other 99% of goonswarm, I got bad news for you, the other ones think this is funny to. What's even funnier though, is the threads started by people like you complaining about it.
There's a difference between epeen-stroking being confined to one or two threads, and every single page of the forum being spammed into uselessness.

This was never the case.

umop 3pisdn
Minmatar
Fnck the blob.
Posted - 2007.11.03 07:42:00 - [60]
 

Quick run down for you.

When BoB was winning and killing ascn the forums were full of their crap.

Then when BoB got caught cheating and they started getting hammered every time they posted until they were told to stop posting.

Hence the birth of the 1 man alt corps... bob was still on the forum, just minus the corp ticker.

Then bob started really getting hammered and the alts and their "battle reports" dried up...

Now the alts belong to the pets that still cling to the bob flag and are doing a pretty crap job.

And now the goons are posting, their spam will stop once fanfest does, but that wont stop bob losing, so dont expect COAD to be the old GBC circle jerk it once was.


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only