Edited by: Tau Cabalander on 29/07/2011 18:08:46
All characters start with the same skills now, except for racial frigate and racial turret, so it doesn't matter what race (nor bloodline) you start with; pick one you like the looks of. You should remap to per/wil for training ships and jumpclones, and int/mem for everything else.
You can go for a basic cyno alt with only cyno 1 skill, or a luxury one with skills for several races of common ships that can fit a cyno, but still remain under 900k SP so that you do not have to pay for upgrading medical clones (cyno pilots get podded a lot). You can also self-destruct your pod to get back to your medical clone, which can be handy.
Example of optional stuff:
* cyno 4 (can use a rookie ship with a MAPC
, smaller to haul MAPC than frigs, rookie ships don't show on all killboards either)
* All races frigate 3
* All races industrial 1
* Destroyer 1 (allows all races)
* cloaking 1 (level 3 for T2 improved)
* Infomorph Psychology 3 (get jumpclones from EACS
* high-speed maneuvering 3 (T2 1MN MWD)
* Propulsion jamming 1 (for webbing capitals so they insta-warp)
* Salvaging 1 (mouseover for a 5km sphere on tactical)
* Astrometrics (for navigating through wormholes, or checking for hostiles)
* Hull Upgrades 2 (for T2 cargohold expanders, to haul ozone, ships, or cyno modules)
Pad the rest of the 900k SP with capacitor, navigation, etc., skills.