Posted - 2011.06.24 22:26:00 - [2
1. Scanning probes. - http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Apocrypha_probing
2. IIRC, Faction - LP or drops, Officer - no clue, Deadspace - complex.
3. Through invention - http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Invention
You cannot get T2 BPOs anymore.
Posted - 2011.06.25 21:10:00 - [4
1. There are a series of tutorial missions covering "exploration" where you use scanner probes to find special locations often with special loot. When using combat scanner probes you can find POS and even player ships and then warp to them. If that ship is in the middle of a dead space complex, you end up at the entrance.
The directional scanner is useful, and you can determine where somebody is, but you can't warp directly to them with it, only with combat scanner probes.
2. Tech 1 Blue print originals are available everywhere, only needs minerals to make
Meta 1 up to 4, these are from looting destroyed enemies, and only from loot, better than Meta 0
Faction is bought from loyalty point stores, you'll needs LOTS of LP, which is specific to a corporation and only comes from missions (or Concord LP which comes from Incursions). Also costs a ISK and Tags. These are empire tags which are looted from Amarr, Gallente, Minmatar and Caldari ships usually found in certain missions. Taking these missions will lower your standing against these factions. Fortunately you can also buy tags on the market.
Note that not every Loyalty point store offers everything. Also many such items only come from factional warfare loyalty points, i.e. not missions but factional warfare missions and PVP. Often you'll see BPCs for faction items, these come from loyalty point stores and are cheaper overall that buying directly. 5 runs of Republic gyrostabilizer for the cost of 3 actual republic gyros. Producing the items from the BPC costs about the same as production Tech 1. Many Loyalty point stores offer the item but not the BPC. There is a website <http://www.ellatha.com/eve/LP-Stores> that will show you which store sells what.
Deadspace items are from special deadspace complexes, similar to missions, most (read all of the worthwhile ones) can only be found via exploration/scanner probes. The really valuable ones come from the sort of complex few players can solo, however if you have a gang it can be very profitable.
Officer items come from special named rats. They only appear in null sec, and only appear very very very rarely, and when they do their hard to beat. However each one drops several of the most powerful modules in the game
3. Invention: A kind of research job, takes a short amount of time, but each job uses up a Tech 1 BPC and a certain number of data cores. You have a certain probability of gaining a Tech 2 BPC, but no guarantees. Vaguely 50-50 for modules, less for bigger ships. Each invention job requires two types of data cores. Each type of datacore corresponds with a skill. The higher your data core skill the better your chances. You can also use Meta 1 - 4 and Decryptors from exploration to help.
Tech 2 Blueprint originals also exist. Before my time Invention was used to get into a lottery for such blueprints. They changed it so you can't make new Tech 2 BPOs, but the old blueprints are still out there. They can be found in contracts for extremely high prices.