Between all the CQ bashing I feel the need to voice my appreciation for it.
At its current stage it doesn't do much and I am even thinking about disabling it, like so many others did. But even with this low level of interaction I think it's a nice step forward. I already like watching the news on the TV screen. Especially the updates about sovereignty changes. It's a nice way of staying updated about 0.0 conflicts without reading extensive news items.
Since we still can do everything like before, I probably wont disable it. I still can dock and undock without walking a single meter, so why should I bother that my ship is now behind me instead of below the camera? I can turn around and see it anyway. And if I feel like watching the news and sitting on a sofa, I can do that now!
I think it's a cool addition!
+ My battleship looks awesome in the hangar!
+ It's even spinning itself!
+ I can sit on a couch and watch news
+ I can still do the same stuff as before, so I am not forced to walk
- Loading time could be improved
- Manual ship spinning is missing. -> Maybe there could be a camera drone that can be activated to spin the ship?
Some more improvements come to my mind:
- Needs more interaction possibilities, for example a TV panel with different options to access stuff
- Imho it should be possible to use the bed
- When using the bed or sofa and logging out, the character should start there again after log-in!
- The "Loading" text should be removed imho. The blurry image would still send the info and look cooler w/out the text.