I'm reposting the stuff below, because I'm guessing CCP is ignoring their feedback thread (LOL, Mac users). Here goes:
I'm not going to read the entire topic, but here's my experience:
- First off, jesus christ, test-patch your own machines before deploying to public, what the christ is wrong with you?
- Why is cider/cedega/wineserver hogging my machine and is there nothing to show for it?
- My preferences were lost, it defaulted to high settings. Crash-itycrash.
- Introduction film clips, about 5 fps and shows weird colours on places they shouldnt be. Unless the top of the video must be red/green/yellow/blue in what looks like to be meant (very) dark grey spaces.
- My character while in captain's quarters is near uncontrollable, as in, unresponsive and slow.
- Overall graphics performance is worse than terrible, massive stutter on log-in screen, Captains quarters about 5 fps.
I haven't even tried undocking yet, it is totally unplayable thus-far. Personally, I'd be deeply ashamed of releasing software like this.
Tested on a Mac Pro (2010), Mac Mini (2010), Macbook pro (2009) and Macbook (2009), all with sufficient memory, graphics cards as their specifications dictate. All these problems were detected _within_ 5 minutes of starting the game (after spending 50 minutes fixing the font issue on my own), please don't tell me this is hard to test.