Originally by: Garst Tyrell
I do not run alienware, no. I could try restoring to an earlier system restore a couple of days ago, since I restored the same day that minor client patch came out?
You can try and do that. If it still fails, could you please file a petition about this under Technical / Crashes/Lockups, and assuming you're running Windows OS please include DXDIAG and logserver file of the issue, instructions below.
1. Please run the DirectX diagnostics tool: Press Windows Key + R and type DXDIAG in the Run Window
2. Click the "Save All Information" button that's located in its lower right corner.
Could you please run the game with logserv running and reproduce the problem and send us the logserv file. Reproduction step are very important part of the report. Write exactly what you did to make the problem happen. This will help the programmers see where the problem is, and hopefully make it happen on their own computers. Reproduction steps are required for your report to be useful, even if you have attached logs to your report.
Using the logserver
(to minimize problems with this, its recommended that you either restart your computer or check Task managers process list for unresponsive instances of Eve.exe)
1. Find your Eve folder in Windows Explorer
2. When you have the Eve folder open, find "logserver.exe" and launch it (Do NOT have EVE running)
3. Select "File" -> "New Workspace"
4. Start Eve like you would normally do
5. When you have reproduced the bug, Eve crashes or when you kill the process if it hangs, select "File" -> "Save workspace as..." and save the workspace in a place you'll find it again.
Could you please upload the files by login into https://support.eveonline.com/Pages/Petitions/CreatePetition.aspx and filing a petition from there.
Senior GM Xamother
EVE Online Customer Support