I started playing PC games with Starflight I and II. I noticed that SF have a large influence on EVE.
This Games were pioneering for its time, with exploration, plot, mining and war. One of the things that struck me most was the planetary exploration, where you fell to planets and gain resources that then brought to your ship, fighting aliens. Eve can take Starflight interesting things missing like:
1 .- Multi Crew: 2 or more people can handle a ship, you have several characters, or your 3 characters in a single ship, each specializing in his own.
2 .- Planetary Exploration, down with your team of exploration on planets and asteroids, in RTS or FPS mode, digging up ancient relics NPC or fight aliens on the planet.
3 .- Robots Assistents or Artificial Intelligences like 3PO. Why there not Robots in EVE? Itīs was a war like in Dune Universe?
4 .- Aliens or semi-human races, totally different, with different gameplay, example
- A race or electric means, very smart to use the hull like his first protective layer, and the heart of the ship are permanent shields, all the electronics of the spacecraft contained in this quantum shields like the propulsion system.
- A race of intelligent Mushrooms do not use ships, but spores, using giant spores to traveling cheap and disposable bodies linked telepathically with the hive.
- A race of insects, 10 or 20 insects amount to a pilot, that only use asteroids or pieces of rock to travel, giant hulls of solid rock, the metal electronic is lacking, using organic technology and its pilots and navigation systems are bioengineered plants .
- A race of intelligent gas, their ships are huge balls of gas, protected by shields of energy, its integration with the spacecraft makes one.
- Tons of gunshots on Science Fiction
This is a small contribution, I would like to see other approaches to these ideas!