Posted - 2011.04.06 13:42:00 - [1
Edited by: Marne Deville on 06/04/2011 13:43:04Edited by: Marne Deville on 06/04/2011 13:42:40
I hear tale that the devs are looking at ways to improve bookmark efficiency, reduce lag, etc. Here is a thought.
- Bookmarks/folders can be owned by players, corps, or alliances.
- Corp/Alliance leadership can determine who can access or edit these marks/folders
- These bookmarks are all stored server side - in a SINGLE place.
- As such, updates to bookmarks are immediately available to those who can access them.
- This completely eliminates the need to even "copy" bookmarks into cans.
- For security reasons, if a player leaves a corp or alliance, their access to those bookmarks inherently goes away.
- Additionally, short of a player flying to those corp marks and making their own personal bookmarks for those locations, a corp/alliance could also prevent normal "copying" of those marks (the old way).
- Personal bookmarks remain the same, but just need to be made more efficient.
- Ability to "share" bookmarks with your alts - rather than "copy".
Just some thoughts ....