Edited by: Benjamin Hamburg on 16/02/2011 23:28:34Edited by: Benjamin Hamburg on 16/02/2011 22:45:32
A tech 3 Frigate wich require the training of 5 small subsystems who share the same prerequisite of standard one.
On the other hand, you get a frigate with same customization capacities, at a lesser price and less powerfull than a Tech 3 Strategic Cruiser.
If the T3 cruiser can tank like a BS and DPS like a BS, then the T3 Frigate should tank like a cruiser and DPS like a cruiser.
Skills req: -
-5 small subsystems skill (who have the same req that normal sub)
-Frigate lvl 5
+ all other related skills (like cloaking 4 for a covert op cloaking device, etc)
Other skills to be added:
Production related skills, invention related skills, reverse enginering related skills.
Materials needed should be less than for T3 cruiser so price of a T3 frigate should be more than a Faction Frig, maybe even more than a Tier 3 BS, but less than Faction BS and T3 cruiser.
Does T3 Frigate would be overpowered?
-No, cause a frig is still a frig, with limited capacitor, pg and cpu. So you won't destroy a BS in it. In fact T3 cruiser will stay a must haveť
- Reward player who invest in frigate skilling
- Give more versatility to the use of frigate in combat
- Give a preview of what T3 cruiser will looks like
- Let smaller industrial a chance to produce T3 component
- Let frigate's lover a chance to improove their flying experience. (Pirate, Factional Warfare, Fleet Scout, Mission Soloer, Small gang warfare, etc)
- T1 Frigate combat vs T3 Frigate unbalanced
- T3 Frigate price expected to be high
- T3 Frigate could eat the Faction Cruiser market (especially Pirate faction)
So, if you want the perfect tackler, why not put the covert op sub, and the one who give warping speed bonus?
You want to dps? Put the one who give extra high slot with bonus to weapons damage.
Overall, better gaming experience, newer player motivated to continue playing (Frig lvl 5 = 8 days versus Cruiser lvl 5 = 21 days)
Take a little bit of every particularities of racial T2 frigate, and create distinct T3 subsystems.
Also, T3 frigate could be usefull in wormhole space to kill those pesky sleepers. They have frigate? We should too.
So what do you think? Is this could be a good idea?