Edited by: Exar Kuun on 17/10/2010 17:18:48
I`ve been playing since 2003 on my main character- mostly piracy and pvp.
I decided however that trade would be my new way of generating of for all my needs and wanted to make obscene amount of isk- piracy is no "get rich quick scheme".. My primary goal is 1 billion net profit per day, averaged over a month.
The strategy is threefold and built around the assumption that trade revenue is a function of information and timing.
1. Agressive daytrading to bring up the amount of trade ready capital and to get a better appreciation of trading psychology.
2. Expand into long trading across pre-determined space in order to both augment revenue from daytrading, but also to reduce the amount of daytrading required.
3. The final stretch. I reckon daytrading can bring me to 300-400 mill per day on average with semi-active trading. I`ve been at 200mill/day the last week (and this has just been probative trading). Hoping long trading can yield another 2-300mill/day.
Final step is to conduct market attacks on particular items to exploit trader psychologies i`ve observed over these two weeks. I have no idea what i can generate from this but the plan is set and right now i`m just working to put the pieces into position.
I`m convinced though that 1 billion isk/day is achievable by combining these 3 strategies. I`ll get back to the forums in 3 weeks or so and say how it all played out..:)
------------------------------------------------------------------- END EDIT--------------
So i started with 1 billion isk. After day five that had increased to 1.35 billion. By DT today after two weeks (and about 11 days of active trading) i have 3 billion. I now have margin trading at lvl 4 which is an incredible help - bosting my buy orders to 6.5 billion
Probably not much by trading standards but the increase in profit over time is moving me towards my goal.
However..Trading as a game mechanic is utterly underwhelming
The whole thing should probably be redone, but i have some suggestions that would make life easier until such a time.
1. All my buy and sell orders should be highlighted for easier locating.
2. I should be able to organize buy and sell orders in folders
3. I should be able to colourcode other peoples buy and sell orders at my own convenience.
2 and 3 are actually part of the same thing. I frequently find myself in conflict over a spread of items with 1 or 2 people. If i`m suspicios that multiple orders challenging me are from the same person i should be able to track those bids. Furthermore, when i`m fighting over 5-6 items with the same individual and i see him challenging one of my bids- it`s an unnecessary pain to track down the other 4-5 across a spread of 20-30-40 or even more items to quickly locating and modifying the others.
4. There should be a banner function where you can continuously track the high/low/median (and direction of price movement) prices of all items of the selected category. You should be able to track multiple categories.
5. You should be able to right click on any sell order and click "bid" to forward an anonymous direct bid to the item owner- should be a seperate "trade" window for this functionality so message folder is not overrun..
New to trading so this might all have been said before..
In closing i have to say..
Trading is making me go slightly crazy. Whether i`m with my gf or at work i constantly catch myself thinking about price movement and who the bastard is upping my bids, what new products i should trade, where and how i might control the flow of the product. Trading is probably the most consuming part of eve so it`s very disappointing it`s the least developed part of the game..