Edited by: Tau Cabalander on 25/06/2010 21:06:35
There is no best. They are all different. Compare them yourself.
Try EVE-Search.COM as there have been many threads on this topic.
Pick Amarr if you can't decide or are too lazy to search and read. Amarr is all-around a pretty good choice.
I personally have 3 accounts with Caldari Industrial 5, and a 4th is working on it. I own 2x Charons, 2x Cranes and 2x Bustards. Why I chose Caldari: largest cargo freighter (Charon), Deep Space Transport with most EHP and cargo (Bustard), decent Blockade Runner (10,214 m3 and warps in 4 seconds). My second choice was Amarr solely because of the Prorator Blockade Runner, but for me that wasn't enough alone to tip the balance.
* Caldari is largest but Minmatar is the most fuel efficient.
* Cargo: Caldari > Gallente > Amarr > Minmatar
* Speed: Minmatar > Amarr > Gallente > Caldari
* Gallente have the sturdiest (I think)
* Minmatar best AFK, Amarr good AFK, Charon best ATK.
Deep Space Transports:
* Caldari have the sturdiest vs. cargo (max 30k m3 T1 rigged).
* Amarr have the largest (slowest in this setup) and most flexible.
* Caldari have the sturdiest vs. cargo
* Minmatar have the fastest, and only one with two high-slots (only BR that can't haul a cruiser hull)
* All of them have a sweet-spot fitting around 7,500 m3
* Gallente have the alrgest at level 5
* Minmatar have the largest at level 4
* Amarr have largest at levels 1-3
* Caldari have the Battle Badger (sturdy or loads of ECM)Cargo Comparison
which I don't think is accurate since the Crane max cargo is wrong (should be 10,214 m3)