I've been away from Eve for a year or so preoccupied with RL stuff.
I've spent the last couple of days reading the (newer) threads and attempting to get up to speed on everything that's happened, and it seems to be a chunk!
To briefly summarise:
1. Ricdic took a wodge of ISK out of EBANK, which he turned into RL cash via RMT and got banned
2. EBANK subsequently imploded - though it took a while till anyone tried to add the numbers up and they didn't work out, and Ray is now trying to sort it all out; hurrah for Ray but I wouldn't take that job on for the world unless you're just looking to run with the remaining isk, mate ;>
3. I'm feeling oh-so-prescient and getting the benefit of a small ego boost (but not half as much as Shar surely is/has been) when I look back on my last posts from when Shar resigned from EBANK and I pulled my cash out mid-July last year:
1. The lone voice of reason has left EBANK. [<-- modern edit: Referring to Shar]
2. EBANK is essentially Ricdic's personal fiefdom.
3. Most everyone else on the board is too pre-occupied and/or scared/useless to say "boo" when required.
4. EBANK is utterly useless at communication and could seriously do with a media course.
5. Oh, and PP is here to save everything with his own, unique brand of apology.
What did I miss?
This is genius.
EDIT: All I need now is a post from LaVista Vista and I can die happy.
Plus ca change...
That old "board" and anyone associated with them should be treated like lepers for anything they do in the future. No really, they should. The lack of shame displayed in these forums is frankly astonishing, though *some* props to Hexxx for at least taking it on the chin.
My two personal favourites from reading the EBANK threads are:
A. LVV's denial of any real role in the bank, followed by an 'um, I was auditor for a month but didn't get any figures', followed by 'I was only on the board briefly' to be capped, gloriously, by his multiple, recent demands for everyone to 'move on' and 'look forward'. Amazing stuff LVV, you should be proud.
B. Selene d'Celeste is looking to setup another bank? Really? You're not ****ting me? No really? Pinch me. Please. No, please.
3. DBANK also imploded (didn't have anything there, so not a real concern personally).
4. My solid investments (some may ask if there's such a thing, but Block's MinMa has been clockwork for many years now) have continued to grow, hurrah, and some of the investments many of you poured scorn on
have matured and have apparently returned some decent iskies in my absence. I haven't gone through all my investments carefully yet so I may have missed one or two that went bad in the meantime, but so far it's looking good.
So, apart from the above, what have I missed?
Except I've missed you, MD... 'cliques' and all,
PS. Ji Sama need not respond, please.
No, I mean... *please*