Hello Myevon thank you for taking the time to make your evaluation of Eve, perhaps more people that have just started can sympathize with you andmaybe I can do my best to help you with your questions.
1. Yes, Unlike most of the fantasy-based MMORPG's that your three-year old cousin would understand (no offense to fantasy games) Eve needs you to use your brain. great isn't it?
2. Yes the market will get much better after shiva gets out! you can acces the market in space and set up sell/buy orders while mining.
3. Yes many people have asked for a way to look around the stations, that won't happen soon™
4. The learning curve has a trend going towards specialization. If you want an all-rounded character you will be training much longer than a pure industry or pvp char.
5.hehe try working your way up to level 3 agents and see what they pay
6. Why, thank you good sir.
7.We've all been there just hang in there and it will get better.
8. Mind you that hunting npc's is entirely different from real pvp combat.
9. try RONA Midgard corporation! a friendly group of pl;ayers starting out in EVE under the protective wing of Rona corporation one of the oldest corps in the game.
10. Make sure your payment is in before your trial ewxpires
11. Try the eve chronicles and background on this website, all the history current affairs of the factions described in great detail.
12. Atm the courier system has been replaced by escrow, improvements of the courier and player-to-player contracts in this matter will be implemented post-shiva.