open All Channels
seplocked Science and Industry
blankseplocked Ore Price Equality
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Author Topic

Vorxion
Caldari
Posted - 2009.05.01 17:54:00 - [1]
 

You know, something strikes me as distinctly not right about the current market prices for minerals--specifically low-ends.

If there were more inherent risk to getting high-ends, okay, I can see the price difference there where they should be more expensive due to the exposure, as opposed to low-ends.

However... With regards to low-ends, the facts remain:

1) Trit is currently the most profitable on the market--to the point where mining anything other than Veld is up to 30% less profitable per m3.

2) Miners spend the same time and effort mining any low-end. The availability is the same in the belts.

3) People can point to that "75% cost of manufacturing" all they like. The bottom line is that without the remaining 25%, your initial 75% is worthless junk sitting in your hangar.

Therefore, I think some market changes are in order. Namely, the prices of Pyerite, Mexallon, and Noxcium should be raised to be on par profit-wise per m3 with Tritanium.

Same risk.

Same availability.

Same time investment.

Should equal the same work:benefit rewards across the board.

Give me one good reason why the prices of the other low-ends shouldn't be hiked across the board immediately.

Dedalus77
The Logistical Nightmare
Posted - 2009.05.01 18:06:00 - [2]
 

Because the demand isn't there, if it was, the price would increase, that's how free markets work.

Letrange
Minmatar
Red Horizon Inc
Cascade Imminent
Posted - 2009.05.01 18:08:00 - [3]
 

^ This

But feel free to raise your prices. We're not stopping you.

Pwett
QUANT Corp.
QUANT Hegemony
Posted - 2009.05.01 18:15:00 - [4]
 

If you find a way to change demand, then by all means - go for it.

Sun Clausewitz
Posted - 2009.05.01 18:20:00 - [5]
 

It's all one giant long drawn out market manipulation....

Expect to see them crash the Trit market back down to 2.5/pu and make those that you mentioned jump about 75%

Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
Posted - 2009.05.01 18:59:00 - [6]
 

As long as the mining system remains "as is", meaning, extraction speed and ore mineral content... as long as the drone regions exist and the compound mineral content isn't radically altered... as long as reprocesable loot keeps dropping at the same rates in missions... and as long as ships (but, more importantly, CAPITAL ships) still take the current proportions of minerals to build...

...that's how long Veldspar will remain king of everything (except a few 0.0-only/lowsec exploration ores... and except basic Omber/Kernite for sale in storyline areas for those annoying "Materials for War Preparation" missions).


 

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only