Beyond Divinity Inc
Posted - 2008.11.30 17:03:00 - [1
Well unfortunately i'm now stuck behind a university firewall and cant access eve-voice... however i CAN unblock a maximum of 10 ports so was wondering if anyone knew which ports eve voice uses... i tried the one listed in the KB and got a cannot connect to echo server error or some guff like that...
any help would be appreciated
Posted - 2008.12.04 16:04:00 - [2
Edited by: Aqua Fortis on 04/12/2008 16:06:04
Per the Knowledge Base
What ports does EVE Voice use?
By default, EVE Voice uses UDP port 5062.
But if you're continuing to have issues:
What is the echo test?
The echo test allows you to test your voice setup locally and listen to how other people hear you. You will find the echo test in EVE under "ESC -> Audio tab. The test will play a voice prompt when it starts and after that you should hold your push-to-talk key (if any) to hear yourself.
Why can't I hear the voice prompt and/or myself while running the echo test?
Try the following troubleshooting tips:
Ensure that you're holding the "Talk" hotkey.
* Check to see that the input and output locations are set correctly in ESC -> Audio tab.
* Check that your microphone and speakers are plugged in properly.
* Make sure that external volume control on the headset is turned up and is not muted. If this doesn't fix the problem, check Windows audio controls on your computer. Go to the Windows Start menu and select Control Panel, then select Sounds, and then Audio Devices to ensure that the audio is not muted and the audio level is turned up.
* Try turning off your firewall. If that fixes the problem, then open the following ports on the firewall:
- Incoming UDP port 5062
- Outgoing TCP port 80 and 443
- All destination UDP ports 12000 - 16000
* Run the troubleshooter in EVE, ESC -> Audio tab.
* Note that Running Xfire while playing EVE disables Voice keyboard bindings. A workaround for this is to use the middle mouse button as your talk key.
* Also please run the test at www.testyourvoip.com
- If you get a 3 or above, please try again EVE voice
- If you get a 3 or below, please contact your ISP.
- Check your Router and Setup
- Try to access at non peak usage, could be your access time point.
- Also check your User issue (local Set up), account issues, local hardware and network issues.
If none of the above work, please contact EVE Customer Support.