Posted - 2008.11.13 18:33:00 - [1
- make it possible to merge different fleets
- players can group by corp or alliance and then join the "main-fleet", without dropping their old fleets and reorganize again
- players can keep their squads and wings organized as they are used to
- no bonus mess-up anymore
- short term NAPs are possible this way
- player must have new skill, maybe something like "Fleet Admiral", to merge at least two fleets (lvl 1)
- "Fleet Admiral" cannot warp other fleets, only FCs can
- "Fleet Admiral" have a seperate tactical map-overview, where they see what their designated scouts see, e.g. enemy movements, POS, etc (lvl 1 --> solar system, lvl5 --> region)
Please make something with the fleet management. In bigger scale fleet combats its kinda unflexible and takes long to reorganize.
Drusus Tech Enterprises
Posted - 2008.11.13 19:22:00 - [2
Actually not a bad idea.
Not really that much of an inconvenience to drop fleets and rejoin a new one...but if it's 6 months for another patch I could go for some more small "nifty" things (thanks for the weapon grouping CCP - is great)
I take part in MANY multi alliance fleets, and I will admit it is kind of a hassle sending out fleet invites. At the very least maybe make the "Fleet Admiral" be able to put out something like a public fleet invite in channels instead of a person from each alliance and having to hunt down which you can click on.
At very least though, if there was a way to set destinations for scouts w/o having to tell them over Vent/TS which they happen to have shut off b/c they suck at life. Or is there a broadcast already for this? Not sure, don't do much FC'ing, just in the fleets.