Posted - 2007.12.04 12:07:00 - [1
Edited by: Aramil Nolen on 04/12/2007 12:08:00
OK i have several problems some are already posted so ill just link to those and say the rest.
Specs: Macbook Pro, OS 10.4.11, 2 gig ram, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, graphics card GeForce 8600 GT.
1) Heat problem: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=648552
2) Patch: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=645026
3) Graphics: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=645608
4) Messing with Finder: This is not listed to my knowledge. So, here are the symptoms
1) Dock won't pop up, have to turn off the hid function to use it.
2) Things disappear from my dock, randomly no specific programs or locations, some just go away.
3) Finder relaunch does not fix the problem. The only way to fix the problem is to Restart.
Now the pop up problem happens about every 1 in 3 times I play the game, and the disappearing programs about 1
in every 2 times the dock does not pop up (1 in 6 play times for those non-math people). Every time the only way
to fix the problem is to restart the computer.
5) Worse graphics problem than #3: This is when gas clouds and missile trails start to use other graphics from the game. For example in the map browser I saw the jpg (or what not) file that had the picture of all the game buttons. also my missiles smoke trail will use the lovely pixel rainbow that is used for the sun(s) sometimes they will use a simple square with black bars on it. A similar graphics problem will happen with certain gas clouds, and shields under the effects of a shield booster. Sometimes the game will just add 3 - 4 graphics together to come up with a graphic. Note: this does not always happen with the same settings, some times a gas cloud will work fine and then 3 minutes later become some form of chinese symbol looking banner.
I will post graphics as soon as available, the server is down for maintenance right now.
Possible Reasons: Well I think that a reason for the dock not popping up is because it believes that the game is still running even when I quit it, which means that part of the game is not quitting. As for the graphics problem it would appear that the game does not know what graphics it grab so it either grabs a random one, or in some cases it seems to stack a series of 3-4 graphics on top of each other. As for the others, no idea.
If you or a loved one are having these, or similar, problems please post them here. Any help is also welcome.