Not sure where to post this, I did look around the forums to no avail.
I've played a bunch of MMO's and I'm hooked on EVE. It has just about everything, and if it's lacking in some way, just wait till the next update. I played SWG for a few years so for those who like to complain about bugs and broken things, go play that for awhile and then you'll really appreciate EVE.
Anyways I had some ideas and if I keep them to myself then what good are they? (probably usless anyways =] )
- bunch of ranting about the missle/caldari advantage - what would be nice is a better anti-missle system. I've used rocket launchers and defenders and they do take a small edge off the pummeling but it would be nice to have something a bit more effective. maybe like a missle jammer - anti-missle drones - some sort of anti-missle gun or chaff. with the right cpu and grid requirements it could be a nice balanced module and bring some life to the other races ships
- here's a pipe dream, but if laziness is the mother of invention in real life so - what about salvaging drones or drones that loot? they would take up space, and there could be skill requirements to make it more balanced, but it would help for some of the bigger ships and be more effective than flying to go get your looting ship after each mission
- what about communication jamming? say like you scramble some lone guy ratting and then he calls for help - what if you could actually jam cummunication so he couldnt call for help, maybe even jam his voice chat - now that would be just sooooo cool. there could be a little message in his corp chat saying - "you're being jammed N00berRT!" well without the noob part
- what about some adjustable audible warning settings, such as 'danger will robinson, your at xx% sheild, or xx% armor, your drones are being targeted/attacked' (yeah im a drone freak)
- anything that can be done to fly around objects better would be just wonderful (im picturing star wars like scenes) - though I suspect this might take too much on the programming side, but it would be super, super cool to have some amazing dogfight through asteroid fields with weaving and winding etc - and of course if u were hiding behind an asteroid turrets cannot hit you (through the asteroid of course)
- it would be nice to power down your ship to hide - remove yourself from the overview, still be visible by someone looking around. maybe taking a few moments to get systems online and to shut down (to run silent) so peeps couldnt suddenly throw there ship online and p0wn you without like a 20sec wait or something. maybe only visible (on overview i mean) if you had some kind of radar pinging system module (light based - no air in space) etc
- drones that can run and fetch you a beer, all cold and stuff - maybe some cheetos too so you dont have to leave your ship unsurpervised in 0.0
hope this at least spawns a constructive thread.
"aquiring bulk data"