open All Channels
seplocked EVE New Citizens Q&A
blankseplocked do webifiers stack?
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Author Topic

Scythe773
Posted - 2006.06.29 10:35:00 - [1]
 

do webifiers stack in any way? for instance if i had a heavy webifier drone that slows targets by something like 30% and a stasis webifier II which slows by 15% what would happen? Would they reduce speed by 45% or would only the stronger webifier work?

Dekiri
Gallente
Useless Inc.
Posted - 2006.06.29 10:37:00 - [2]
 

As far as i know they do stack up. You can see it on NPC missions when you get webbed by two ships at the same time.
It does not really make much of a difference though since you only have so many mid slots and you can also get very good webbers that do over 90% slowing.

Scythe773
Posted - 2006.06.29 10:40:00 - [3]
 

oh, i must have gotten confused by the online guide, it says webifiers 1 slow someone by 90% and webifiers II slow by 85%, wish they would update that thing

Lora Duvail
Minmatar
Tribal Express
Posted - 2006.06.29 10:47:00 - [4]
 

the only webber I know that gets 90% is the fleeting one, the normals get 75%. And they sure do stack, but it is the same stacking rules as resistances. Two normals don't slow for 150% (wow you could fly backwards Twisted Evil). The first one will slow your target speed with 75%, leaving the target moving at 25%. The second one will slow the target another 75% on that left over of 25%. So for example let say your target goes at 1000m/s. Your first webber will slow it down to 250m/s. Activating the second webber will slow it again down to 187,5 m/s. You see it doesn't realy matter if you stack the webbers or not.

Sensei Shidoshi
Posted - 2006.06.29 11:05:00 - [5]
 

Edited by: Sensei Shidoshi on 29/06/2006 11:04:52
Originally by: Lora Duvail
So for example let say your target goes at 1000m/s. Your first webber will slow it down to 250m/s. Activating the second webber will slow it again down to 187,5 m/s. You see it doesn't realy matter if you stack the webbers or not.


You got your math a little off.
1000 mps * 25% = 250 mps <-- first webber
250 mps * 25% = 62.5 mps <-- second webber

2 webbers does in fact almost kill a ships speed completely. Dual-webs will definately make any Inty pilot have a bad day.

Lora Duvail
Minmatar
Tribal Express
Posted - 2006.06.29 13:15:00 - [6]
 

aye my bad I used x0.75 and not the .25 Embarassed

But now do that with 2 fleeting, only 1 fleeting will kill the speed drasticaly.

Twilight Moon
Minmatar
Tague Corp
Posted - 2006.06.29 13:25:00 - [7]
 

2x 90% webber + NOS = Dead Interceptor. Wink

Jex Jast
Go for the booty
Posted - 2006.06.29 14:24:00 - [8]
 

It might be fun to dual-90 a freighter, just to see it crawl. No practical usage, just torture Twisted Evil

Caleb Paine
State War Academy
Posted - 2006.06.29 14:30:00 - [9]
 

I once used two fleeting 90% ones on an Interceptor... He didn't quite like that little trick, he liked the rail ammo that followed the webbing even less.


 

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only