Mining Munitions and Mayhem
R i s e
Posted - 2006.04.22 11:19:00 - [1
Originally by: "www.somethingawful.com"
EVE Online Client Version: 2.10.3900
- New piece of equipment introduced: Reinforced Windshield Ionizer. This handy device removes all bugs from your ship's windshield, but permanently drains your power supply.
- Asteroid belts are no longer pilotable.
- When more than one person attempts to use a jumpgate at once, both ships will now comically squeeze against one another and get stuck. This provides some much-needed comedic relief to the dreary atmosphere of the game.
- Installation has been greatly simplified. Previously, players had to format their computers, insert the installation disc, enter a hidden code in the manual only accessible at midnight, install Windows through the game's installer, enter the cd-key four times in a row, connect to the internet to download the latest patch twice in case there was an error in the first download, then provide their social security number and blow into a breathalyzer. Now, instead of entering the cd-key four times in a row users must only enter it three times.
- Reduced the number of encounters with cavemen.
- Motherships now render at their intended massive size, leaving the player's camera helplessly clipped inside of the model no matter how far he or she zooms out.
- The "scream" function built into all ships has been removed, as no one could hear it.
- Cloaking no longer turns off your monitor.
- The time it takes to research a skill is no longer determined by your stats, but by a DDR-like musical mini game featuring Deltron 3030.
- Mana now regenerates 30% faster when out of combat.
- Players are no longer able to "swim" through space at warp speed by ejecting from their spacecraft, then from their pods while holding down the spacebar. On a related note, all players must be inside a ship before departing from a space station.
Wonder does one of their writers play...