Originally by: Vicker Lahn'se
I've played the RTS genre to death, to the point of being bored with them for years. Achron sounded new and interesting, so I got it last night. I've only played an hour or two of it so far, but I'm definitely liking what I've seen so far.
I have played until the first mission were you're required to go back in time to undo the destruction of your special ops units.
The game is not bad. But there are a couple of things people should be aware of (imo).
1) There is a lot of talking between missions. A bit to much for my liking. You can skip most of those parts luckily. But there seems to be some talking right after the missions have loaded, and that part can not be skipped. So if you have to reload a mission from the start, you have to listen to the same dialogue again.
2) The units in the game are fairly small and didn't seem to be easily distinguishable. But that's just my opionion after a couple of minutes in the game.
3) The time travel part seems to be well done. At first it was a bit confusing because I expected my actions in the past to immediately have an impact on the present. But that is not the case. When you change something in the past it will slowly rewrite history until the time-wave hits the present. You can also peek into the future.
4) Your units don't have a fire at will / hold fire switch as most RTS would. You have to chose whether you want to issue a simple move command or an attack & move. With a simple move command your units will ignore all targets.
5) Soundtrack is nice actually (and is now in my eve playlist