open All Channels
seplocked Issues, Workarounds & Localization
blankseplocked Module Activation after locked target... Very slow!
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Author Topic

Bubanni
Cryptonym Sleepers
Test Alliance Please Ignore
Posted - 2011.08.29 16:35:00 - [1]
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VtsnhAomJs <--- I would like to draw your attention to this problem thats been going on for a while now, it's a problem that was introduced proberly around incarna expansion, the many have shrugged it off as themselves proberly being too slow, or just lag (it proberly is some sort of lag, but its constant and everyone is experienceing it... everywhere!)

you won't have noticed this if you don't deal with fast targets that try to warp away before you can catch them... ratting and mining... the issue as seen in the video occures when a fast agile frig like a double nano rifter warps away from a gate, while a 1000-1400 scan resolution hurricane with point tries to tackle it...

The lock is confirmed on server side... the guy in the video says he is yellow boxed, but the point/module does not activate before he engages warp...

I myself has experienced being the ship getting away after being yellow boxed on gates with hostiles trying to catch me, I have confirmation that everyone dealing in the same profession of catching fast ships on for an example gate camps... have experienced the same problem...

If you have not experienced this yourself, try and lock a astroid or rat, and look at how long it takes from you press F1 to your module icon shows up on the locked target... I bet you it's between 0.5 and 1 sec...

Now I am writting this here because I both petitioned it and bug reported... but the bug hunters apparently don't think its a bug... Regardless, something changed with incarna that caused this... call it a bug... call it lag... its still a problem that needs to be fixed

Grey Stormshadow
Starwreck Industries
Posted - 2011.08.29 22:17:00 - [2]
 

Dunno... I've noticed some increased (keyboard/mouse) latency while salvaging.

Using mouse to select icons and function keys to apply tractor beams and salvagers to selected icon. While doing this in efficient way (fast) some mouse clicks seem to lag/get lost.

Example:

1 I have targeted 6 targets.
2 Applied tractor beams to 4
3 Clicking one target icon with mouse.
4 Hitting f5 and f6 to apply 2 salvagers to target.
5 Clicking another target icon with mouse.
6 Hitting f7 and f8 to apply 2 other salvagers to this target.

If done "too fast", step 5 lags or gets lost quite often and I have all 4 salvagers drilling same target.

Dunno if this is related but another issue which didn't exist before UI update.


 

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only