Greetings fellow Eve players,
I have been an on/off player since Exodus and just recently signed up again...I like internet spaceships
Now, whilst I am no fan of Nex, nor do I have any interest in buying clothes, etc for my capsuleer...I don't have a problem with those that might want to.
I also understand that people are frustrated with how CCP is managed as well as devoting time to projects that are not DIRECTLY Eve related.
I would like to present an idea that might be of use to players and could enable CCP to understand what players might actually want as far as future development. If this has been proposed before, please accept my apology for not venturing further into the past forum comments.
1. CCP, CSM or whomever presents an idea for a feature that they would like implemented by pulling a suggestion from "Commonly Proposed Ideas" in the "Features and Ideas Discussion" or wherever.
I'll just create one for an example "Allow Mission Rats or Belt Rats to attack Jet Cans".
2. Present the idea as an in game Agent of an NPC Corporation.
Buffo Shineyhead - Level I
Location - Everywhere - Features & Ideas Corporation
Division - Allow Mission Rats or Belt Rats to attack Jet Cans
3. Allow in game capsuleers the ability to "vote" in support of this idea with ISK.
Clicking to interact with the Agent will show a CCP write up about the idea with an ISK "vote" button. Player then enters how much ISK they wish to donate in support.
4. ISK is held by the Agent / NPC Corp until CCP determines feasibility of implementation. ISK would be non-refundable regardless of implementation. This would promote "true" voting or "put your money where your mouth is".
5. ISK holdings by Agent / NPC Corp would be visible in game so players can see if ideas may or may not have support before "voting". This would be available with a "View Votes" button on the Agent interaction screen
I think that it might be more genuine for those that are serious about implementing ideas to have another venue to do so. The forum serves well for debate but many players do not use the forums while others create an alt to hide behind when using the forums. The CSM is useful, but has its limitations as well.
Thanks for your time,