Edited by: Velicitia on 25/08/2011 12:08:05
1. don't apply to the goonswarm (or any member corporations)... it's a scam
2. hunt through recruitment forum, recruitment channel, recruitment advertisements, or just dock up somewhere and start looking through corps that way.
3. find corp from afore-mentioned sources that seems to do what you like.
4. if they have a SP minimum, it's an idiot filter. Talk to them anyway, if you show you're willing to learn they might take you in.
5. If they don't ask for API keys, it's probably better to move on (especially in an industrial and/or newbie corp -- they've likely been infiltrated by people already, and are likely to have trouble sooner rather than later)
6. Realize that there are some downsides to a corp (mainly wardec), and don't
when a dec happens (publicly) -- it'll make the deccing corp all the more willing to wait to hunt you... and most people will enjoy the show...
6.a. When you do get dec'd, don't worry so much about it, get an "expendable" fleet together (seriously, frigates), work with your corpies and have some fun (more power to you if you can catch the aggressors in a mission or somewhere else they don't expect it) ... BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER.
6.a.i. If your corp is deathly afraid of the pew, and doesn't want to put up any show of defence... it's probably best to move on.
6.b. No, I'm not a combat enjoying pilot. Yes, I do industrial ventures.
7. Don't move everything ... maybe just a ship or two and ammo... feel them out, etc. If things fall through, then you're not busting your ass to get everything back to "home"
holy wall of text batman!