Earlier today, this super capital blob consisting of ~5 titans and ~23 Super Carriers supported by ~50 Tengus and a few stealth bombers took out the station in 3 minutes
.Please visit your user settings to re-enable images.
My suggestion to negate the overwhelming Super Capital Blobs would be to add smart bombs to stations (50km range).Balance Suggestions and Restrictions:
1. The smart bomb can only be used X times before fuel runs out
2. This can only be activated when SBUs are online in the systemPros:
1. The smart bomb would eliminate SC blob on stations
2. This would reintroduce the Dreadnaught as a viable ship in Sov Warfare without having to rebalance the SCs or Dreadnaughts
3. It would also put Carriers and SC back where they belong, as support for Dreadnaughts and Titans
4. The smart bomb would allow smaller alliance to have some defense against the overwhelming blobsCons:
1. The SC blobs could simply wait until the system is theirs before blowing up the station
2. If automatic, it could potentially blow up friendlies and other unintended victims
Another place these smart bombs could be useful would be on POS's (uses fuel, must have module), this would rule SC and Carriers out of most SOV warfare.