Edited by: Vanessa Vansen on 22/08/2011 11:53:35Edited by: Vanessa Vansen on 17/08/2011 21:05:10
Ok, how about reworking the whole Starbase & Outpost area?
The idea is to get both rid of outposts and POSses as they are at the moment and replace them by something modular and upgradeable.
Similar to T3 cruisers you would have to choose a hull/framework for your new base first.
This would provide you with the structure only, no CPU, no power, but an amount of m3 which are available to you.
A hull/structure could have several restrictions depending on the size
- jump drive capable ... only available up to a certain size, e.g. fits into the cargohold of a jump freighter (with level 5 skills)
- shield expandable ... similar to POS shield, only available up to a certain size
- docking bay ... no expandable shields, no jump drive, ...
Now, you could add some modules as you like. Among these modules are:
- CPU module (x tf)
- power generator (y MW)
Laboratories and assemblies come in three sizes: 1 slot, 5 slots, 10 slots
The size should be nearly linear with the number of slots, i.e. 1 slot = base size, 5 slots = 4.5 x base size, 10 slots = 8.1 x base size.
- drug laboratory
- capital ship assembly
- component assembly
- drone assembly
- equipment assembly
- large ship assembly
- medium ship assembly
- subsystem assembly
- x-large ship assembly
I would prefer one assembly module being able to build all the stuff, together with some special items (damageable?).
- anchorage ground for capitals (1, 5, 10)
- hangar module ... for personal use of users
- corp hangar module
- ship main bay ... for personal use of users
- corp ship main bay
- capital ship main bay ... for personal use of users
- corp capital ship main bay
- docking bay ... huge, i.e. won't fit into any hull with jump capabilities
- fuel module
- bounty office
- cyno generator
- insurance office
- jump bridge/portal generator ... a base with jump drive gets a jump portal generator as high slot when unachored
- jump drive ... jump fuel depends on the size of the hull, only available up to a certain size of hull (no jumping outposts)
- moon harvesting
- reactors & silos (similar to laboratories and assemblies)
- offices (1, 5, 10)
- refinery ... two base sizes: small ones similar to POS refinery and large ones similar to Outpost (both in 3 different sizes with different base yields).
- repair shop
- turret slots (1, 5, 10)
- missile slots (1, 5, 10)
(ship fitting comes along with the ship main bays or docking bay)
Bonus modules: (available only for outpost size hulls)
corresponding to the current outpost bonuses
- accurate refining ... slower refining, better rate (should be able to get 100% with max. skills and the 4% implant)
- advanced construction ... required to build advanced ships (modules?) in the corresponding assembly
- PE, ME, copy, invention, reverse engineering ... scripts to perform the corresponding research in a laboratory slot
- rapid construction ... optional script, reducing the time but increasing the mineral cost
- rapid refining ... faster refining, worse rate
Consider this as a starting point ...