Posted - 2011.08.06 12:56:00 - [1
I would like to reopen the topic "Use of Heat, Targetable Modules, and Electronic Warfare" http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=546933
I heard that CCP is trying to Re-Balance the Eletronic Atack Frigates making it a little better, since it is one of the less used ship in the game (along the black ops and titans).
One reason that this frigates are not as used as others are, because they don't do anything special. They are weaker then an assault ship, slower then a Interceptor, don't cloak like a covert ops ship, nor drop bombs like a stealth bomber. Also they are useless compared to a Recon Ship that can be fitted to be the useful version of the frigate. Also the EW modules that it uses can be distributed among the fleet and you would have the same effect, since every ship can use its modules.
So, I see in this topic a way to turn this most harmless ship in something that would really be recognized as a treat! Make electronic attack frigates able to use Heat Electronic Warfare! And this ship would be unique!
The main idea is that it should increases the Heat on the target ship modules or rack, like the overload does, with some mechanic options that must be discussed:
1.It is a normal module (Point and activate)
2.It is a module that can or must fit scripts (to target low mid or hi rack)
3.They are different modules for different targets (low,mid or hi rack).
4.It is a passive module that gives other EW modules this bonus.
5.It is a ship bonus that affect EW modules.
6.Other, please comment.
1. Heat up the rack (slowly damaging all modules equally)
2. Heat up only actionable modules ( Like they are overloaded, if there is only passive modules no damage is delt)
3. Heat up only active modules ( if there are nothing activated no damage is delt)
4. Heat up modules based on something ( Energy consumption, Power-grid use, CPU use, other)
5. Other, please comment.
1. Can't Target EW immune ships (No Capital Fry)
2. It must take a good time to be effective. (No Instant-Fry)
3. It must consume the rack resistance before affect modules (No Instant Damage)
4. Damage can be repaired on stations or using nanite paste.
5. Some new skills are needed for its use.
Please consider this Idea, i know this goes along ccp plans, and that this can be well balanced... Also this would be an awesome addition to the game.
Thanks for your attention.