Coalition Of Gentlemen.
Posted - 2011.07.04 22:07:00 - [1
Im one of the leaders of a growing alliance. And we warna setup a Alliance homepage and a teamspeak 3 server and other small things.
So im looking for a designer a someone to code it all for me. Ill pay in isk for you service though please keep it reasonble. I have a server you will then access to do everything on.
What im looking for:
* Really Awesome into page with useful information. Have to look good with the few banners i have.
* PhPBB forum with API Registration. So that if the person arent in alliance no access.
* TeamSpeak 3 Server where you again need API key to log in.
* Ratting carebear system that can support the intire alliance.
* Blog system
* Personal killboard.
* A Skillboard for the members to enter their information. Which can only be seen if you are in alliance.
* A API Safe Upload system for sharing of random stuff. Must say no to movies zip files programs etc. so nothing illigal can on the server.
* A Profile system a Tiny profile of each toon in alliance with name picture bio title in corp and which corp.
Design is up to you. it just have to look awesome.
Let me know how much it will cost to make and we can make some kind of deal together.
Thank you all for reading.
The Remnant Legion
Posted - 2011.07.05 07:52:00 - [2
So, I don't mean to burst your bubble, however, there's a few things you should know.
1) PHPBB is etarded when it comes to API lock downs
2) SMF 2.0 + TEA + TinyPortal works better and also locks down TS3 via API, provided you have the access you need to an SQL Database where your TS3 server is.
3) Killboard is easy, just get EDK
4) Ratting Carebear system? Pls explain.
5) Blog System... pick a blog software and install to taste
6) Skillboard that's locked down to people in alliance, that's going to take some custom code I think
7) API Safe upload? if your forums are API Locked down, presumably no one accessing them should be able to upload an attachment that's not in your alliance
8) You say keep it reasonable, but for all this work, custom code, etc, you're probably looking at a 10-20bil isk job, if not more.
My suggestion to you would be to learn to do it all yourself, then it's free and you really don't have to be a rocket scientist to do it, you can look up how to install SMF Forums on a server, you can look up where to get Temar's API app (it's on these forums and he's a pretty helpful dude). You can then see how to properly setup your TS3 and what needs to happen for you to utilize this tool. It's really not that hard once you get the ball rolling. Also, there has to be SOMEONE in your alliance that knows what they're doing, right? So poke your membership before you go giving root or cpanel access to people you don't know.