open All Channels
seplocked Jita Park Speakers Corner
blankseplocked ******SHARES should have VALUE******
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Author Topic

Fortis88
Posted - 2011.07.03 16:17:00 - [1]
 

I propose that CCP allow shares to be BOUGHT and SOLD on the market instead of only GIVEN away. This would allow for the creation of an actual in-game stock market along with the items market we have now. If shares could be bought and sold with isk, players could invest in corporations. The players could also DIRECTLY affect the price of a corporation's shares by their own actions. This would include corporate wars, monopolies on resources, etc. To determine the value of a corporation's shares, there could be a "Rankings List". Where a corporation was ranked on this list would be determined by POINTS. A corporation would be awarded points for their assets along with their war victories. However, only 49% of the corporations shares would be sold on the market. The other 51% would remain in the CEO's possession. Overall, I believe this will allow for a more dynamic and real stock market in the EVE universe.

Creegz Brae
Gallente
Megapol
OUTER SPACE ASSHOLES
Posted - 2011.07.04 18:05:00 - [2]
 

This is actually a fascinating prospect, and it seems almost void of insider trading, so cheating it would be a lot more difficult than it could be, and also could be another form of obtaining ISK.

Pizza Pirate
Navigators of the Abyss
Posted - 2011.07.04 23:25:00 - [3]
 

Agreed. If EVE had a stock market it could add an intresting layer to the economy. I support this motion wholeheartedly.

Cedille Mureau
Gallente
Institute of Archaeology
Posted - 2011.07.06 11:15:00 - [4]
 

Yes! about time the stock market was started. This proposal has my full support. Would love to see the value of the Goons!

OmgNoFreeNames
Posted - 2011.07.06 11:20:00 - [5]
 

Originally by: Cedille Mureau
Yes! about time the stock market was started. This proposal has my full support. Would love to see the value of the Goons!

Yeah, in Aurum value :D

Sed Man
Gallente
Havoc Violence and Chaos
Posted - 2011.07.08 06:39:00 - [6]
 

I raised this in one of my first posts on the forums.
The corp share system in its current form is just redundant. CCP should just remove the code or actually do something useful with it.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1279057&page=1#3

Amaldor Themodius
Psykotic Meat
Posted - 2011.07.08 17:00:00 - [7]
 

sounds good.. i dont neccessarily agree on the 51% ceo control.. if the ceo wants to hold a minority holding it should be fine. Perhaps shareholders could have voting rights similar to the corp ones.. IE Vote to install new ceo, vote to merge into another entity, etc..

The added dynamic would add play content for all players in eve.. Highsec industrial groups may vie with each other to attempt hostile takeovers. 0.0 entities ciould be defeated by economic victory instead of just brute force attacks, etc..

Food for thought and this could actually be new content that might add tot he game.. Ie instead of spending all that time and R&D on a room a hallway and a balcony.. none of which have any additional gae play.


 

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only