If you're suffering from getting stuck at acquiring bulkdata when trying to login to the game, please follow the following instructions:
1) Download the bulkdata_1.0.1.zip file from: http://content.eveonline.com/data/bulkdata_1.0.1.zip
2) Extract the files located in the zip file to Bulkdata folder located under the EVE installation folder. Default locations:
Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit: C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\bulkdata
Windows XP/Vista/7 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\bulkdata
Steam client Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit: c:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\EVE Online\bulkdata
Steam client Windows XP/Vista/7 64bit: c:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\EVE Online\bulkdata
Right click on the EVE Online app and select "Show Package Contents"
Navigate into Contents\Resources\transgaming\c_drive\Program Files\CCP\EVE\bulkdata
3) Once the file has been extracted, start the EVE client (do not login yet).
4) Press ESC or click on the Settings button and go to the 'Reset Settings' tab and click on the 'Clear' button for 'Clear all cache files'
5) The client will prompt you to restart the client, click yes on that prompt
6) Once the client has been restarted login normally.
The following links may also be helpful:
EVE Online wiki article - http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_default_directories
EVE Online wiki article - http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Clearing_the_cache_and_settings