There are a lot of API libs for almost every language, but I wanted to create something that does work in any language. This is what I came up with:Eve Api Proxy
What it does:
- Access the API more easily: URLs are lowercase, separation with dashes instead of slashes. lowerUpper becomes lower-lower
- Parameters via folder structure, eg.: characterID=123 becomes /character-id/123/
- The suffix of the URL defines the output.
- Support for 304 headers and Ecors headers for easy integration into web apps.
- Caches the results (like a common API helper lib) so multiple apps accessing it will not cause conflicts.
As stated above, the suffix determines the output format. This is the list of available ones:
- .xml: outputs the XML like the API would
- .named.xml: The same, but the rowset -> row structure has been "solved" and outputs the key field as tag name, all columns as sub tags. In case the key field is a number, the tag is <item> with the number as id attribute
- .json: As a JSON string
- .php As a serialized PHP array
- .txt As tab indented text. Maybe not useful for an app, but human readable. Good for taking a quick look.
For my own func I created an installation at apiproxy.evepanel.net. Feel free to use it for playing around with it, but be aware that there is no authentication protecting the data.
A few examples:
Detailed help is available via /help.FORMAThttp://apiproxy.evepanel.net/help.txt
It is open source. If you feel something is missing, fork it and (if you want to) send me a pull request.