Posted - 2011.05.30 03:15:00 - [1
Hey, I've gone through the forums; and can't find any solution for this or even an instance of this. I've spoken with GMs and once I mention the interval setting they either close the ticket or give me the silent treatment. so now I come to the forums for aid.
Hardware: ( not specific )
470 fermi Nvidia card
9800GTX ( have tried removing card/ disabling )
Clients: have tried all setting variants
Resolution: 1920x1200: fixed 3x 28" monitors
2x connected to 470 1x connected to 9800GTX; Have removed third monitor and issue continues.
Ever since 1.4 I've been unable to run more than one client at a time with over 15FPS, unless I set "interval:immediate" which then causes 200+FPS per client and a complete waste of resources. typically I run three clients however with each client the default 60 fps is seemingly divided down to 30fps with two clients and 15fps with three clients.
After 1.5 this is worse so now w/ Default or One setting
1 client = 60fps
2 clients = 15fps
3 clients = 9.8fps( no variance )
With "interval:immediate": averaged
1 client = 200fps
2 client = 200fps
3 client = ~150fps
Has anyone experienced this before or have any idea what the cause may be?
Or does anyone know how to limit the fps per client? ( that isn't CCPs version of V-Sync ) Perhaps, Nvidia solution or any other way? possibly even a hidden fps command CCP has been hiding from us for no legitimate/logical reason besides, and I firmly believe this, they are all trolls.
What I have tried:
-Removing 9800GTX; no effect
-Forcing V-Sync and related settings through Nvidia for game and as global setting
-Praying to Oden
-Playing with in game settings
-Changing refresh rates
-Not using HDMI; swapped to DVI; then back
So I ask, Anyone think they can help?
Thanks in advance,
Posted - 2011.05.30 19:31:00 - [2
I work on some mapping software and such, there are two common causes of this issue that I've had reported. If it's what I think it is (and from how I understand how eve manages drawing, it's quite likely).
Look through the nvidia control panel and disable "Threaded Optimization".
It does not correctly map processes and threads, resulting in it operating like a round robin scheduler for some applications (i.e ones with multiple viewports/cameras, or multiple 'cloned' processes). It will also scale with numbers that follow something like 10/15/30/45/60 fps (I'm not sure of higher fps, we throttle).
You may also need to disable Aero for the window, tho since eve is a bit tricky with that I'd advise you just disable Aero completely while testing :)
Let me know how it goes.