Originally by: LHA Tarawa
Because it is a lame game mechanic that doesn't really make the game more fun for anyone, I think CCP should provide players with tools for dealing with ships that remain long-term cloaked in system.
Just my opinion of course.
As I related in a different thread
Cloaking in a hostile system exists for several reasons, here's a couple;
- Contact lists allow you to monitor online/offline times
- Local provides free instant intel on hostile movements
- Everybody docks up/poses up as soon as a Neut is reported (because of the free intel tool), there is only one way to defeat this...
- You are allowed to "AFK Dock", if you have a tool that uncloaks I need a tool the undocks players. Same for POSes
- You are allowed to Cloak up
If you "own" something you should be able to defend it, if you are unable to provide adequate defense for your members then that is your own internal issue, not CCPs. I feel that the reason for most of the AFK whining is because most people are unwilling/unable to motivate a group of people to police their space. This is mostly because the crying bears are typically the ones who are not Xing up, they expect others to X up and "protect" them while they zerg anoms so they can buy a shiny.
There is a reason why "home defense fleets" only happen when specific individuals are online, maybe you should be the type of person that organizes a fleet, develops a plan and executes said plan instead of a fearful station hugger boohooing on the forums.
Just a funny side note - your own alliance mates ( the ones you compete for anoms with) have their very own neutral alts, so for them the "benefit" you state is lacking is actually quite large. All of you boohooers go back to "safety sec" while they laugh.