Posted - 2011.06.15 21:39:00 - [91
Edited by: Salomei on 15/06/2011 21:53:33
Sometimes brief lag is annoying.
The paper cut:
Frequently, after a gate jump, I try to reengage cloak immediately after aligning or starting a warp. I clearly do one (start warp), then the other (hit cloak). But if I don't pause exactly the right amount in between, I get the "can't, you're still cloaked" message. I can't risk spamming the cloak button 'cause that could turn it off again and get me killed. So I have to wait and see if the message hits and just try to react quickly if it does. This might also get me killed.
If I do something that breaks gate cloak and do something else that requires my being uncloaked, it needs to just do one then the other, no matter how close in time the two keys were hit.
- "launch drones" button(s) of useful size, and not buried in a menu. One "launch all" button if you only have five or all one type. Multiple if you have groups.
- more keyboard shortcuts for launching specific drone groups
- focus fire setting that works. My drones still split themselves on occasion.
- target priority. Nothing too fancy like "sort by DPS/Tank ratio", just "tackle first", or even "frigates first" is a huge step up. Options to not engage a type at all could handy, too.
- AI range limit. Keeps drones within a set range of your ship. Only limits wandering, is overridden by direct orders.
- let drones be in more than one group. I launch my predefined "speed" set, and it tries to grab 5 warriors. Launch my "DPS" set and it grabs 3 hammerheads and 2 of the same warriors.
PvPers tend to have less money as it is, what with all the sploding we do. Nullsecers on top of that almost always lose the pod if there's a bubble involved. The richest of us almost never risk their pods. Maybe a monthly/weekly cost tied to quality, plus a flat fee for replacements?