open All Channels
seplocked EVE Technology Lab
blankseplocked problem with importing eve-central data
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Author Topic

Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.16 09:55:00 - [1]
 

Hi,

I made a nice google spreadsheat and I keep having the same trouble with importing data from eve-central.com. The problem is that the importing works very randomly. The same line works sometimes, while other times it says "error: The xPath query did not return any data". Here's the line:

=importXML("http://api.eve-central.com/api/marketstat?typeid=3146&usesystem=30002659","//type/sell/min")

Did any of you guys run in the same problem?

Sidrat Flush
Caldari
Eve Industrial Corp
Posted - 2011.04.17 08:01:00 - [2]
 

Could it be a timer error?

It's rude to update more than twice a day, especially market prices.

Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.17 08:21:00 - [3]
 

Originally by: Sidrat Flush
Could it be a timer error?

It's rude to update more than twice a day, especially market prices.



Well it might be, i didn't set any timer, and as far as I know ImportXML by default updates it more than once a day. Also if I leave the spreadsheet open for longer periods of time, some of the importang starts to work properly, and some that previously were actually importing correctly give the same error. I think this also indicates some timer error. How do I set something like this?

Sidrat Flush
Caldari
Eve Industrial Corp
Posted - 2011.04.17 10:53:00 - [4]
 

if connections are set to refresh every x minutes, then turn it off.

Haven't used Google spreadsheets for some time, certainly not the xml connections so I don't know specifically what you should look for, however it shouldn't be difficult to find, probably the Options/Settings or Connections menu if there is one.

Something like that anyway.

Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.18 08:05:00 - [5]
 

Well i couldn't find anything similar to settings for the auto-refresh, so if anybody can help me out with that I would appreciate it.

Lutz Major
Posted - 2011.04.18 08:10:00 - [6]
 

Originally by: Alvar Kesh
=importXML("http://api.eve-central.com/api/marketstat?typeid=3146&usesystem=30002659","//type/sell/min")
How many of those imports do you have on your sheet?

Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.18 11:38:00 - [7]
 

Originally by: Lutz Major
Originally by: Alvar Kesh
=importXML("http://api.eve-central.com/api/marketstat?typeid=3146&usesystem=30002659","//type/sell/min")
How many of those imports do you have on your sheet?


there are around 40-45, less than 50 which is the max number of imports google lets us to use.

Lutz Major
Posted - 2011.04.18 12:02:00 - [8]
 

Originally by: Alvar Kesh
Originally by: Lutz Major
Originally by: Alvar Kesh
=importXML("http://api.eve-central.com/api/marketstat?typeid=3146&usesystem=30002659","//type/sell/min")
How many of those imports do you have on your sheet?


there are around 40-45, less than 50 which is the max number of imports google lets us to use.
Try something like this:

=importXML("http://api.eve-central.com/api/marketstat?typeid=3146&typeid=34&typeid=35&...&usesystem=30002659","//type/sell/min")

It's one call. You get all responses back. Use VLOOKUP eventually.

Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.18 12:19:00 - [9]
 

Actually there are 40-45 of those grouped calls, the one posted in the OP is just a simplified example.

Lutz Major
Posted - 2011.04.18 12:33:00 - [10]
 

Originally by: Alvar Kesh
Actually there are 40-45 of those grouped calls, the one posted in the OP is just a simplified example.
I put it simplier: You are running into timeouts. Either from eve-central or from the AJAX framework from Google Docs. Therfor you get no results.

Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.18 12:40:00 - [11]
 

Originally by: Lutz Major
Originally by: Alvar Kesh
Actually there are 40-45 of those grouped calls, the one posted in the OP is just a simplified example.
I put it simplier: You are running into timeouts. Either from eve-central or from the AJAX framework from Google Docs. Therfor you get no results.


Sorry, I wrote it the wrong way. I'm actually using those simpler imports (as you said), with multiple items listed, but still have around 40. It might be some timout thing. But still can't figure it out how can i fix it.

Lutz Major
Posted - 2011.04.18 13:19:00 - [12]
 

Originally by: Alvar Kesh
Sorry, I wrote it the wrong way. I'm actually using those simpler imports (as you said), with multiple items listed, but still have around 40. It might be some timout thing. But still can't figure it out how can i fix it.
You could start to rework your spreadsheet.

Pull the data you need at once and not in junks!

Group your requests even further (ie make a sheet with a complete list of prices and use only references from your main sheet)



Alvar Kesh
Gallente
Ealurian Shipyards
Posted - 2011.04.18 13:21:00 - [13]
 

Thanks for all the help. As it seems that only I have this problem, I'm getting the feeling that the problem is the high number of requests, so I'll definitely lower the number of requests, hope that helps.


 

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only