open All Channels
seplocked Features and Ideas Discussion
blankseplocked [idea] more severe/diverse effects in relation to system security lvl
 
This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 
Author Topic

Radix Salvilines
legion industries ltd
AAA Citizens
Posted - 2011.03.25 21:16:00 - [1]
 

It came to my mind after reading the newest dev blog. Although its not about the resources in the systems it is also tied to security status of a system.
Basically what do you people think of making each level of security (concerns secure space) have more direct effects on immediate gameplay?

Right now (I am not counting in the severity of standings hit after agression and ability to set up POS'es or ability for outlaws to enter hi sec, I am more concerned about those that rely on "security forces") there are 3 real security levels - high sec (1.0 - 0.5), where concord kills you if you attack someone, low sec (0.4 - 0.1) where concord does not give a **** and only deploys sentries and fine you with SS loss and null sec.


It is mostly visible in high sec - there are like 5 sub-levels that in fact - are all the same. As it now higher level of security of systems only prevent pirates to venture there by raising security status requirements - but that does not help when someone gets suicidetroned.

Highly secure space - as name suggests - should be highly secure... YARRRR!!
Empires invest a lot of resources so that people flying in those systems could do business without fear.
So I came up with something like this:

HI SEC (100% insurance for victim, 0% insurance for attacker, if concord vessels are being attacked fleet size increase and system SS is being artificialy raised by 1 lvl during that encounter, so if you attack concord in 0.8 it will pursue you till youll get killed like in 0.9 system):
1.0 system - concord response time - 0-5 seconds. Concord fleet is huge/deadly. Victim is immediately being targeted by concord logistics and repped if needed. Concord pursues the attacker until he is killed.
0.9 system - concord response time - 0-5 seconds. Concord fleet is big. Victim has a small chance of being targeted by logistics and repped. Concord pursues the attacker until he is killed.
0.8 system - concord response time - 0-20 seconds. Concord fleet is big. No help from logis. Concord pursues the attacker for 30 minutes.
0.7 system - concord response time - 0-20 seconds. Concord fleet is big. No help from logis. Concord pursues the attacker for 10 minutes.
0.6 system - concord response time - 10-30 seconds. Concord fleet is moderate. No help from logis. Concord pursues the attacker for 10 minutes.
0.5 system - concord response time - 10-30 seconds. Concord fleet is small. No help from logis. Concord does not pursue the attacker.

LOW SEC (100% insurance to victim, attacker has a scalable chance for incurance - in 0.4 20% chance, in 0.1 80% chance):
0.4 system - 4x sentries on gates, stations, aggro timer lasts for 10 minutes (no docking and jumping).
0.3 system - 2x sentries on gates, stations, aggro timer lasts for 5 minutes.
0.2 system - 2x sentries on stations, aggro timer lasts for 5 minutes.
0.1 system - no sentries, aggro timer lasts for 1 minute.

NULL SEC - no insurance for anybody YARRRR!!YARRRR!! NOW THAT IS JUSTICE!!! Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

BONUS > 1.1 system (noob systems) - all combat modules except for civilian ones are banned (temporaily offlined, upon leaving the systems they are being restored without cap loss).

I got pretty hardcore there haha don't you think?
Anyways anyone care to comment?

Corina's Bodyguard
Posted - 2011.03.26 03:47:00 - [2]
 

I would love to watch a person try for 30 minutes to evade Concord.


I like this. makes it less... instant than it is now.

The only issue I have with it is the insurance scaling.
Insurnce in game is not actual insurance (because it is not based on the ships ISK cost, nor on the risk, but solely on the mineral price of this minerals that made the ship). Its a mineral salvage value. Which would be given to anyone, don't care who you are.


 

This thread is older than 90 days and has been locked due to inactivity.


 


The new forums are live

Please adjust your bookmarks to https://forums.eveonline.com

These forums are archived and read-only