Edited by: MisterAl tt1 on 17/03/2011 15:00:24
Everyone living in any wormhole and interested in having the map of neighbouring w-space systems is free to use the site: http://pol.org.ua/map/
. Just open the site in IGB, add it as trusted and just leave it minimized while you are flying around in wormholes. The map is created automatically from the systems someone visited with the site open.
About the project
To make it clear - the site is in Demo mode and very little is done but for the main function: automatic creation of a w-space map. I know the interface needs much to be done, but an interface is something I will care about only after functionality. Anyway I am not a web-designer.
So, what this project is about. As you might now, systems in w-space are connected with wormholes, that appear and disappear under some rules and lead to different systems. As a result it is impossible to create a static map of systems in the unknown space. This site is planned to create a dynamic map of w-space systems connections, that is assembled automatically using the information from all the site users in all the corners of w-space. To create your own portion of the map or to see that someone else had found you just need to open the site http://pol.org.ua/map in you in-game browser, confirm it is Trusted (the request window should pop-up on first start) and make some jumps through wormholes known to you. All the rest will be done automatically and in less then a minute you can refresh the page to see your map.
Please pay attention, that users-provided information is available to other users of the site. Thus a link you have found will be seen to other users, who happen to be near. First of all it is planned, of course, for your corp-mates, so that you don't have to explain "go there and there and there is a high-sec exit".
- Your current position is updated every 30 seconds
- To add the link to the map you have to go through a wormhole. It is not enough just to find it
- The starting point for the map is your current position
- The map depth is restricted
- Links k-space - k-space are not added to the map
- You can see "statics" for the system you are in on the page
- Data used for map-creation is updated once in a minute. So opening a new link or deleting an old one will be seen on a map only after refresh in a minute or so
- To chose a link you have to click on the two systems it connects
- Colouring of links gives you additional information: Green - link status OK. Grey - the hole mass is under 50%, Red - the hole is critical in either time or mass.
- Currently all links live for 24 hours unless deleted (those 16-hours holes are to be added later)
- A lot of things are planned to be done, but it is more interesting to work when seeing, that someone needs your work.
Please do not:
- Delete links that are still alive (I can ban users for that)
- Use the map only to see if there are some links here, but not add links of your own
You are free to contact me by convo in game, EVE-mail or at the "whmap" channel.
Feel free to ask any additional questions.
Please, report of any problems you face with the site. e.g. having your location constantly shown as Jita.