Posted - 2011.01.28 05:28:00 - [1
With the recent discussion about jumpbridges, titanbridges etc it seems to me that both CCP and the CSM are in favour of making New Eden feel larger.
In a similar vain I dreamed up a set of changes to jump clones on which I'd like to hear some player/CSM feedback.
1. Players can change bodies as often as they like or possibly introduce a skill that allows for body changes more often than once a day.
2. Players need to be in the same station as their clone to change bodies.
3. Allow more than one jump clone to be stored in a station.
4. Remote destruction of jump clones (not sure if this is possible atm)
5. Possibly increase the max amount of jump clones from five to ???.
6. Change the name into something more fitting like spare body or something.
Consequences of the changes:
-PVP gets easier to get into because players can change into their combat clone for a roam and back again at the end of their session.
-Jump clones can't be moved after their creation which opens up gameplay choices:
i) spread out clones or a central location?
ii) which NPC corp offers the best jumpclone locations / has viable stations dispersed throughout Empire?
-Players need to travel instead of clonejumping to the other end of the map.
I think the consequences of these changes would be overall positive for the game, with the 3rd being the only which could also be seen as a con.
So, what didn't I think of?