Posted - 2010.12.28 15:31:00 - [1
im not a new player as such but i am new to Building POS's. i am currently wanting to test out moon mining on the test server before i do on TQ, i have anchored and onlined my POS, but it wont let me anchor anything else around it lol, so its just a POS with a force field lol. when i click anchor structure nothing happens if i try and do it via the manager on the POS nothing happens either... :(
Oh and it has enough fuel for a week and Strontium for just over a day
And i have tried both within and outside the force field and still the same!
Can anyone help me please? Thanks
Lt. Biscuits Out!
Posted - 2010.12.28 16:49:00 - [2
How to anchor a POS module:
1) Launch the POS module from you cargohold on behalf of your corporation (this is NOT the same as jettisoning!)
2) Right click on the POS module in space (or on your overview if you have it configured to show the POS modules) and select "anchor"
3) You will now enter the anchoring "interface", if it can even be called that (see: POS: Flogging the dead horse thread for more details). Essentially you will see a green cube with arrows pointing in each direction.
4) You click on the arrows and then drag the green cube to where you want the structure to be anchored. Each set of arrows will only allow you to drag the green cube along the axis that the arrows run along. If you want to move it along another axis, you must click and drag the arrows that are on that axis.
5) Once you have the green cube located where you want the structure to be located, right click on one of the arrows and select "anchor here". The POS module will then begin anchoring and take a certain amount of time before it completes.
6) Once the structure has finished anchoring, you can then put it online by right clicking on the structure in space/on the overview or by selecting the anchored structure in the POS management window (accessible by right clicking the tower and selecting the "manage" option).
Please note that structures do NOT require CPU or powergrid to anchor, but they DO to online them. So you can anchor as many modules as you want, and then online/offline them as you see fit to change your POS's configuration. For example, in a high sec POS, you can have your guns anchored but not online so that you can fit extra labs. If you get wardecced, you can offline the extra labs and then online shield hardeners and guns.