Edited by: Eddie Gordo on 25/06/2010 00:55:44Edited by: Eddie Gordo on 25/06/2010 00:34:20Eve Answers
- Eve answers is designed to be a support platform for new and old players who are seeking advice.
One of the biggest problems with forums is that you have to sift through all the sarcastic replies to actually manage to find the useful information.
On eve answers, registered users can post questions for the rest of the community to answer.
The question will stay open for a set period of time (currently 7 days, but probably less if/when there is an active community)
Everyone can vote the replies up or down.
The Question asker can choose the best answer.
If the asker does not choose, then the question with the most votes gets chosen as the "best answer" and it gets pushed to the top of the page.
Yes. Its just like yahoo answers, but its eve :)
There is a points system to track how helpful people are being and discourage poor behaviour:-
* +10 for logging in (max once per day)
* +20 for answering a question (max one answer per question)
* +50 for having your question chosen as the best
* -10 for asking a question (though depending on how people feel about this I might have it -1 or 0)
* -50 for getting a question blocked for abuse
I am announcing the site for public beta testing, its pretty much ready, but there are still a few problems with css and page formatting. Registration is now open on the site and it will run for 1 week, can I ask you to ask lots of test questions and answers so I can test the sites performance.
I would also like some feedback on usability.
After the week is up, I shall remove all the test questions, but keep the accounts and launch the site for real hopefully with some big cash prizes for the most helpful players.