Posted this in another thread and thought I would post it here, some would say in the right place lol. Anyway just some idea's really, flame away and see what you think
They need to change the way mining works in my opinion.
1) Remove refining at stations and have the mining lasers extract the ore itself. Refining skills effect how much is extracted
2) Multiple ore in each asteroid of varying levels. Why would an asteroid only have one ore? Asteroids with multiple ores would be more realistic, mining lasers extract based on pilots skills and ratio of the ore's in the roid itself.
3) T2 lasers allow a miner to extract only one type of ore from an asteroid much more efficiently
4) If we say the laser operates on frequencies we could even have the mining player adjusting bars to get more of what he/she wants. This gives miners more to do.
5) Asteroid scanners scan individual asteroids for their specs e.g 50098 Trit, 876 Pyerite, 5 megacyte. This means miners can hunt through belts for what they want, again giving them more to do as they hunt for the ultimate roid.
I have mined alot in the past but its boring. We need to remove the costant hauling and have the miners do more if they want more. With these changes we could have larger belts, if people want to just strip everything they can but it allows more active players to pick and choose.
Thats what I think anyway. Big changes but I think refining in stations and pos's is pointless. Could potentially reduce lag too as not so many people will be docking undocking and refining etc. Although that could be countered by the refining on the ship, I dont really know, much more client side though I would think