Originally by: Knight Hippaforalkus
1) Should I max out my missioning skills? (Gunnery supports from lvl4 to 5 etc.)
2) Should I get my drone skills done up, t2 heavies and sentries for example.
3) Should I cross train? For faction ships and/or other races.
4) CovOps or SB? I used to always want a CovOps but now that you can fit CovOps cloaks on SB.... makes me smile with torps too.
1) If you are just missioning, then it probably won't be necessary to train to V, it will help, but not necessary, if you are PVPing then yes, definitely, any advantage you can get.
2) Drones are always helpful, PVP or PVE, so yes. I would only train for Heavies/sentries if you are planning on using a ship that can fly them quite a bit, there is nothing worse than training two months worth of skills and then deciding that you don't want to fly the boat you trained for.
3) Cross-training is always good, gives you more options, the only down side is that you need to cross train the weapons platforms as well, but if you don't mind then yes, go for it.
4) Both, after training Cov-Ops there is not good reason not to train Stealth Bombers, SB's use the same skills and the only things you need to train will be torpedo skills, which will take a month more at most (less if you already have decent missile skills). That's what I'm currently doing, just finished training for an Anathema, happen across a few threads discussing changes to stealth bombers (mostly positive), open evemon, found I could actually fly a Purifier (and very basically fit it) so bought one and are now training torp skills, be done in 37 days.