Edited by: Captain Ferros on 31/12/2007 16:19:01
Invention Guide: A Personal Experiance
Due to costs of invention and skills involved, it is perhaps better to start with an idea of what you want to begin inventing. I will use for this example Caldari Ships, as that is what I specialize in.
1. Take a look at the Blueprint you want to use (Good site to use
) In this example, we will attempt to make a Harpy. The Harpy uses a Merlin as its base, so thats the BPC we have to use to start with.
2. If you can, get a max run copy of what your working with. For lower end items its easier, higher end may get more expensive, it has an effect on potential ending runs In the case of our Merlin, it is 30 runs.
3. In game, you can click on bill of materials on the BPC, and then on invention. In our example, we find we need the following skills: Caldari Starship Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Caldari Encription Methods all at 1 minimum. We also need 2 Caldari Starship Engineering Datacores and 2 mechanical engineering datacores, as well as a Data Interface (Esoteric Ship Data Interface). The datacores can be bought off players, or a research agent for RP
4. Find an invention station with an open slot, right click that merlin and click invention. It will find the required items and pull them for you. At this point you got optional items. You can use a fully built Merlin as a base item, and a decryptor as well (Explanation on Decryptors
) You also set your output item (this case a Harpy or a Hawk is your choices)
5. Start the process. WHen it is done, click deliver and it will tell you if you succeed or not and what you get.
Method works the same for anything your trying to invent
any other skills are either prerequisites to the main 3, or used to help facilitate (like lab ops for more research slots or hacking for trying to collect the decryptors yourself from exploration sites)
Hope this helps
Note: The data interfaces are needed to start the invention, but are not used up, and are not tied up for the duration of the invention. This means it can be used immedialty to start another invention