it is my pleasure to announce the release to the world of the Eve Skills Showroom v3.0 in a new home (http://ineve.net
). This move was due to the old url was tied up with BIG Sales, it was long, and i wanted to expand the skills showroom and also add new applications to it.
I already have new application half way made that will show up on inEVE.net one of them i plan on releasing next week. My commitment is to continue to work based on everyones feedback because I'm not doing this only for myself, I'm doing it also for everyone only based on everyones feedback something great can be made. At this time all i will say it that the applications that will be available will be completely integrated in the website, and to my knowledge unique in the eve world, i don't want to do what someone else is already working on.
And now let's talk about the new Showroom v3.0 pre-Revelations :)
Here is the list of new things and things that where changed, hopefully i haven't forgotten about any change.
- ships & pilots pilot count
- add updated time to char info
- bloodlines included in racial statistics
- show current skill training
- check that all skills are in database
- allow a setting of a password ingame to be used in authentication in the out of game site
- with login allow person to list all the members of his corporation, not shown to everyone to make it harder to find all the members of a corp for security reasons.
- add extra security to upload and setting private, ability to set skill upload only if authenticated
- allow only corp members to see detailed skills
- allow hiding of current skill training
- top skillpoints / skills ratio
- top rank points
- add profile
- factions & pirate ships
- ability to show the ships you cannot fly
- added the orange color to skills
- listing of corp members (only for authenticated people)
One thing i thought after finishing the new site was that people might not think there are many changed from the old site to this new one, but if you look at the list of changes it's much bigger then the previous ones, so in fact this new version contains the highest number of additions and changes then the previous releases.
I would to point out the security features of the new website that you can access by registering, the registration needs to be done ingame to access you charID and some other information to try to guarantee accuracy and safety, please provide a working email that will later be used to recover your password in case you loose it.
As the site grows i have to process more and more information, while at first glance it might not seem very "work intensive", it actually becoming increasingly more time consuming for a web page, as a result some web pages take a few seconds to load to the the amout of data to process in realtime. One of the new features i needed to cache was the pilot count on the ship list. This might surprise people but there's alot of ships in eve, and alot of people that can fly alot of ships, multiply all of that by the amount of characters there.
It amounts to over 100 000 ships everyone can fly. So that pages are cached, in the future as more people use the service more pages will need to be cached because it's impossible to do ti in "realtime", i have added the runtime to the end of the page.
As always if anyone detects any flaws in the site or would like to have a feature that is missing on it, please reply to the post, email me directly at dawn.sara at gmail.com , or just catch me ingame. My preferred communication method is email.
I would like to give my thanks to 'Coronach' for supplying me with the Pirate/Faction Ships Information, and to 'PingKiller' for making the hundreds of gray pictures of ships.
Thank you to both for helping to make v3.0 possible.