Originally by: Delucian
Is there a really good definitive guide to the Tengu somewhere?
I really want to understand each of the subsystems and how they work together.
Dunno about definitive guide, but the foremost thing to know about the Tengu, is that it is built around the concept of speed-tanking and shield boosting. So, in a typical PvE environment, you'll fit the Fuel Catalyst and an afterburner. With its small sig (150m) and a decent AB, you're as good as invulnerable.
Since you have no drones (at least, not in a viable setup), you'll want T1/faction ammo with Rigor rigs (and/or flares). And the reason you can't have a viable drone boat is the Rifling Launcher Pattern, which goes at the expense of the Accelerated Ejection Bay. And the latter you really need, as you only have max 6 launchers.
So, to give you the basic idea:
* Defensive Subsystems: Amplification Node, for extra shield boost
* Propulsion Subsystems: Fuel Catalyst, for extra AB boost
* Offensive Subsystems: Accelerated Ejection Bay, for assorted missile boosts (rate of fire + speed + kinetic bonus)
* Eletronic Subsystems: Dissolution Sequencer, for extra sensor strength (makes you less vulnerable to ECM!) and extra target range
* Enginieering Subsystem: Augmented Capacitor Resevoir/Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Naturally other combos are possible, but the above will gave you a basic idea of what makes for a strong Tengu setup, using many of its bonuses to the max.