Edited by: GM Homonoia on 29/05/2011 14:03:28Edited by: GM Homonoia on 29/05/2011 14:01:57Important Note:
I will not be commenting on this specific case. I have not read the petition in question and I have not been, in any way, involved with this particular matter. I cannot discuss individual petitions on the forums. If you have any questions regarding a specific petition, please use the petition system. If you were unhappy with a petition, ask for escalation to a senior.
Now, what I can do is explain a few things about broken anomalies.Why do they break:
Well, we do not know for sure or we would have fixed it (I am not part of development, so I have no idea where we are with this), but it seems that an anomaly can break when it is activated but not finished when downtime hits. If you have any information regarding this, please file a bug report so our bug hunters can look into it. You can do so here
.How can you avoid breaking anomalies:
The only sure fire way seems to be to finish an anomaly before downtime hits. In other words, don't start an anomaly if you cannot finish it.What to do if an anomaly does break:
If you do end up with a broken anomaly you should do the following.
1. Warp to the anomaly and enter the site.
2. File a petition from the character that is at the anomaly site in the "Stuck Character" (We have, internally, decided that we shall handle these cases as time sensitive and thus they get a certain priority).
3. Provide the system name.*
4. Provide the anomaly name.*
5. Provide the anomaly ID number.*
6. A GM shall take action as quickly as possible.
7. Follow any GM instructions (for example; an anomaly will only respawn if you warp out and wait a few minutes after a GM takes action).
* This information is not truly needed, but it will speed up the process significantly.Expectation management:
This is a big one. We do have tools to fix broken anomalies. However, in some cases the anomaly ends up in a state where, no matter what we do, it cannot be fixed. In that case only 3 consecutive downtimes can remove and fix the anomalies. This truly and thoroughly sucks, but unfortunately that is the current reality. In most cases we should be able to help, though.