Edited by: Tim Kang on 14/07/2011 22:29:41Edited by: Tim Kang on 20/06/2011 08:13:46
Low-sec pirate corporation currently seeking just a few more pilots for US TIMEZONES ONLY
. The EURO TIMEZONE is now packed with crazy pirates and hence closed for recruitment.
"Who are the Meatshield Bastards?"MEATSHIELD BASTARDS [QUORN]
The Meatshields are low-sec pirate corporation. We are part of The Bastards. alliance and work closely with our elder brother corporation, The Bastards. The Meatshields are an entry corporation for the alliance. All recruits for The Bastards go through the Meatshield experience first. Our ticker [QUORN] ironically refers to a mushroom based meat substitute.
QUORN specialise in the all the dirty jobs that no-one wants: flying frigates and tackling targets on low-sec gates; swarming in frigates and 'bum-rushing' into known traps to spring them; acting as bait and throwing themselves forward into danger and death time and time again.
It is a crap job and we have
to do it.
We are multinational and active and operate almost exclusively in low-sec space. We work very closely with The Bastards Pirate Corporation with regular operations, shared forum, ransom-board and ventrilo server. Our short term plan was
to be ready for Hulkageddon IV and have pilots in the top ten solo kills. We succeeded in this and enjoyed it so much, we continued to recruit. "Why was Meatshield Bastards formed?"
With the success and notoriety of being active participants in Hulkaggedon! The Bastards found that the appeal of this style of play was pulling in many more pilots than The Bastards could reasonably handle.
Instead of turning down decent prospects who didn't quite meet the entry requirements or were too time-poor to make being a Bastard a viable profession, The Bastards decided to accommodate all these pilots' desire for yarr and tears by creating a new brother corporation which would become everyone's first experience of piracy, Bastard-style.
More info on Hulkageddon can be found here
More info on The Bastards can be found on EVElopedia
Consequently, to broaden the appeal of low-sec piracy we have the following entry requirements:
1. Minimum 5 million skill points with an emphasis on PvP skills over mining/industry.
2. x2 solo kills (noob ships, pods, shuttles do not count)
3. Frigate IV (any race)
4. Destroyer IV
5. Experience of low-sec desirable
6. Must be bloodthirsty"Meatshield Bastards, what do you do?"
Anyone who finds that low-sec piracy Bastard-style is to their liking should consider placing an application. Meatshield [QUORN] concentrates mainly around small gang frigate / destroyer based gangs
. Not much gate camping but more of the roaming style of play. You should be given free
frigate or destroyers (fitted) and encouraged to get involved in piracy and ransoms almost immediately. More than likely you will be in mixed fleets with The Bastards and friends. “Characteristics of a Meatshield”
Please read the recruitment FAQ
• You must be able to use ventrilo. If you are online and x up for a fleet you had better be on ventrilo otherwise you will be ignored.
• We recommend a minimum of 5 million skill points with an emphasis on PvP skills.
• You should be at least 18 years of age.
• Embrace low-sec and piracy.
• You must have a good sense of humour. If you’re the sensitive type then you are probably not suitable material for this corp.
• Be able to operate solo and show initiative with a willingness to lead out small fleets: after all, the frigates are supplied to you for free so why not?